PDA

View Full Version : Scanned slides not showing if adjusted.

davidlee
07-05-2018, 06:38 PM
I found a case of old 35 mm slides from over 40 years ago most of which were in good condition.

I scanned them onto my computer as jpg files and had a look at them, most were good quality for their age but a few taken indoors were a bit flat and colourless, I added the folder to Mezzmo and they all streamed to my TV without a problem.

I loaded the poor ones into PaintShop x8 and messed about with them, I eventually used Edit, Adjust, Colour, Fade Correction to get a half descent picture which I saved. They all looked OK on the computer but when I looked at the 'altered' ones in Mezzno they hadn't changed and looked like the pre-adjusted ones, I tried transcoding them which didn't help, when I tried to steam them all I got was a white screen, the untouched ones streamed fine.

I suspect it's something to do with the interpretation of the jpg file by PhotoShop but I'm a bit of a novice in that direction, a bit of advice would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Peter
07-06-2018, 09:31 AM
It may be a problem with the settings used to save the modified jpg images, if the images are too large in size then the device may fail to load them correctly. Try comparing the file size of an unmodified file on disk to the modified ones to see if there is a noticeable difference.