PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo with NTFS Hard Disks on Android Tablet

topsy1
07-06-2018, 07:36 PM
Hello there,

I have a Samsung Tab S3 and I want Mezzmo to stream content from an NTFS formatted Hard Drive.

The tablet can read the NTFS HD as I have installed Paragon USB and now Total Commander can read/write files but the default File Browser and Mezzmo cannot see the device.

Any thoughts on how I can see the HD from within Mezzmo?

many thanks in advance!

t

ftanner
07-08-2018, 12:31 PM
Hello there,

I have a Samsung Tab S3 and I want Mezzmo to stream content from an NTFS formatted Hard Drive.

The tablet can read the NTFS HD as I have installed Paragon USB and now Total Commander can read/write files but the default File Browser and Mezzmo cannot see the device.

Any thoughts on how I can see the HD from within Mezzmo?

many thanks in advance!

t

My first guess would be permissions. Is Mezzmo connecting to it as a "share" or is it directly connected to the drive? By default Mezzmo runs as a SYSTEM context service on the system that it is installed as. As a SYSTEM app, it might not be able to access it if you have it locked down. I'd recommend running the Mezzmo service under a specific user context and adding that to the NTFS and/or share permissions, if you're using them. Otherwise you'd have to give the EVERYONE group read permissions.

Peter
07-09-2018, 09:08 AM
The Mezzmo app in Android can only read from the internal sd card and any expansion sd cards you have installed, network shares are not directly supported. You can browse to a file on the network share using another app like a file browser and try opening a file then select to open it with Mezzmo and this will allow you to play or push the file to another device.