PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo suddenly won't run

LRC
07-21-2018, 11:54 AM
Mezzmo won't run. Mezzmo.exe is in its correct folder location, but double-clicking on it (or right-clicking and selecting "Open") produces nothing: no error message, no temporary indication that the program is running in Task Manager, no errors popping up in the Windows Event Viewer, nothing. It's like Mezzmo.exe is just executing a single "return" instruction and doing nothing.

I haven't changed anything with respect to Mezzmo recently, haven't tried to manually update, haven't touched the settings, haven't added new media files, nothing. It just stopped working.

I'm wondering if a Windows Update could have done this? Or a failed Mezzmo update in the background?

Mezzmo is installed on a Windows 10 64-bit system with fast quad-core processor, 16GB RAM, and plenty of space on the C: drive. Everything else on this PC works fine.

Any ideas what's wrong?

What should I do? I'd like not to lose my settings.

Thanks!

Peter
07-23-2018, 08:15 AM
Can you please open the windows event viewer by pressing the windows key and r then type eventvwr and press enter and go to Windows Logs and select application to see if there are any errors listed for Mezzmo?

LRC
07-23-2018, 11:31 PM
When I first posted the issue I had checked the event viewer for any Mezzmo-related application events - there were none.

I'm away from that PC now for the next week or two. In the meantime please let me know what else I can check or try when I get back.

Thanks!

Peter
07-24-2018, 08:13 AM
It is also possible that Mezzmo is set to start minimized, do you see the Mezzmo icon on the Windows Task bar?

LRC
07-24-2018, 09:10 AM
No, it does not start minimized. It does not start at all - nothing shows up in Task Manager (not even a transient blip), nothing on the task bar.

Can I just reinstall the latest version? (as something to try)

Peter
07-24-2018, 10:16 AM
Yes you can try downloading the installer from our website and run it to repair the installation files.

LRC
08-06-2018, 08:53 AM
Hi Peter,

Running the installer downloaded from your website did the trick, I'm able to start/run Mezzmo again.

Thanks!
LRC