PDA

View Full Version : Series.xml format ?

jbinkley60
08-20-2018, 07:40 AM
Is there a way via the series.xml file to set the values for the poster and backdrop jpg files so that when Mezzmo discovers new episodes (saw a new season of an existing TV how) that the poster and backdrop will be consistent with the other previously discovered episodes ? The series.xml file works great for setting the proper series but various years sometimes come up with different poster and backdrop images forcing me to fix manually.

Peter
08-20-2018, 01:59 PM
You can set the metadata retrieval options to only use the series.xml and not get information from internet websites and this should provide consistent artwork based upon the series.xml

jbinkley60
08-20-2018, 06:18 PM
Peter,

Thanks. I suspected as much but can't find the XML format tags for the poster and backdrop metadata. Do you have a link or info for the proper series.xml tags ?

Peter
08-21-2018, 10:29 AM
Checking through the code I can see that series.xml is only used for text metadata, for poster and backdrop artwork you can name them folder.jpg and fanart.jpg and Mezzmo will find these and use them for the poster and backdrop.

jbinkley60
08-21-2018, 10:46 AM
Peter,

I think you meant poster.jpg and fanart.jpg. I used those two filenames and it worked perfectly.

Peter
08-21-2018, 11:08 AM
folder.jpg or poster.jpg are supported

jbinkley60
08-21-2018, 12:22 PM
Interesting. When I tried folder.jpg it didn't work but poster.jpg did. I'll retest tomorrow.

jbinkley60
08-21-2018, 05:10 PM
Peter,

I reproduced the same behavior. When I used the folder.jpg and fanart.jpg naming convention the poster and backdrop pictures in all of the property tab episodes used the fanart.jpg picture for both. When I used the poster.jpg and fanart.jpg naming convention the poster pictures used the poster.jpg file and the backdrop pictures used the backdrop pictures used the fanart.jpg file for all episodes. Regardless it is working fine for me with the poster and fanart naming.

hongthe
08-24-2018, 05:51 PM
you can get it in folder.jpg