PDA

View Full Version : Android App - Chromecast and playback question

Roofus
09-19-2018, 04:39 AM
Hi

For a long time I have been using an Android TV stick, Kodi & the plugin with great success but now i have a few Chromecasts I have tried to switch to those. Sadly I am struggling with two features I get with Kodi, with or without the plugin and I cannot see an option using the android app.

1) How can I fast forward a video, if I need to start again from say 10 mins in I cant, with Kodi I could not only skip forward but i even got the option to resume where I left off.

2) How can I tell what I have already viewed. Folder say with 20 episodes in, I'm fairly sure the server has a play count but I cannot see anything, either a play count or a 'watched' indicator as I can in both Kodi and the Kodi Mezzmo plugin.

Am I missing something, sorry if these are old questions, I have tried searching but cannot see any answers.

I'm using the current beta version.

Cheers

Steve

Peter
09-19-2018, 07:52 AM
Hi Steve,
you can seek using the slider on the Now Playing page of the Android app, this will only work on videos that are playing natively or have been pre-transcoded. The Mezzmo Android app should remember the stopped position of playback if you keep it open and stop the video then when you play it again you will be prompted to resume from the last position. In the app a little white triangle is shown to the right of the duration on videos that have not been played yet.