PDA

View Full Version : Play to (or ability to push to a DMR)

Sammy Sandbag
12-07-2010, 01:48 PM
Windows 7 and the latest WMP is suppose to do this, however I've yet to get it to work. But I'd love the ability to select a video/audio file on my laptop/desktop and right-click and play to my DNLA device (Samsung TV.) With so many video/audio files, it is much easier to browse and organize on a PC, rather than fumble through a remote control.

Additionally, is there any means of FF/RW?

Paul
12-07-2010, 01:51 PM
Thank you for the suggestion. We do plan to include this functionality in a future version of Mezzmo.

Samsung TVs allow you to skip through the movie using left/right buttons. Can you please check that you're using the correct device profile (in the Media Devices dialog) and if you are, then it should let you skip.

Sammy Sandbag
12-07-2010, 02:11 PM
I have a UN55C8000 and selected "Samsung C" as the device profile when I added it under Media Devices. I've tried the FF/RW and left/right buttons, but I can only get video to play/pause.

Paul
12-07-2010, 02:26 PM
Can you please send a message to support (at) conceiva (dot) com and we'll send you an updated profile to try - it should get skipping working for all media types.

Sammy Sandbag
12-07-2010, 02:42 PM
Message sent. I noticed my Samsung Blu-Ray player was able to skip ahead, just not the tv. It still didn't allow for fast forwarding, just jumping like 20 sec at a time.

Back to the feature requests I suppose. And sorry for not saying this earlier, but so far Mezzmo has been the best solution I've found so far to playing videos over my network on my tv, and I've tried them all. So good job, and I think it'll keep getting better.

One thing I'd like to see is the ability to create playlists that would sort files based on the day the were created or modified. The "recently added" feature doesn't really work since I just added a bunch of files lump sum, and it listed files that were very old. I can't see any way of sorting by last modification date or creation dates rather than meta tags.

Along those same lines, it'd be nice if I could create playlist based on file names, not just tags. What I'd like to do is create folders (playlists) to arrange files alphabetically. So you'd have Movies -> A, B, C, D, E etc.... And when new files are added, they would be automatically parsed to the correct playlist based on their file name. Hope that makes sense.

Paul
12-07-2010, 03:05 PM
We plan to add more keywords and smart playlist criteria over time, so I'll add your suggestions to the development list - thanks!

With the alphabetical playlist - is this what you mean: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/476-Tutorial-How-to-create-a-rolodex-style-index-using-Smart-playlists-in-Mezzmo ?

Sammy Sandbag
12-07-2010, 03:13 PM
With the alphabetical playlist - is this what you mean: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/476-Tutorial-How-to-create-a-rolodex-style-index-using-Smart-playlists-in-Mezzmo ?

Yes, well almost. There is no option for file name. What you described is very useful for mp3s if they have propper tagging. Unfortunately I'm dealing mostly with a variety of video files. There needs to be an option for file name.

EDIT: does "title" use the file name? I'm not sure how Mezzmo populates these fields, I've only messed with tags when working with MP3's (like with Mp3Tag)

Sammy Sandbag
12-07-2010, 03:27 PM
Well I think that may work, except the smart playlist adds any video file from anywhere in the library correct? So that's a bit problematic if I don't my TV shows mixed with movie titles. Is there a way to limit a playlist to a particular folder?

Paul
12-07-2010, 03:54 PM
Yes, it does pull files from the whole database - there's no way to limit it to a specific folder or set of folders at the moment. I'll add this for future consideration.

bieniu
01-22-2011, 07:28 PM
Coming back to the topic of this thread. I also vote for "Play To" functionality (as it is done in Windows Media Player). This would be very useful if you want to play something out of the folders that you regularly publish to your TV. Something like playing a movie from external USB drive that your friend has just brought and connected to your PC.

Any more detailed plans when this functionality can be expected?

Paul
01-24-2011, 08:46 AM
Unfortunately no time frame yet. First there'll be subtitles and pre-transcoding (and allowing you to select which audio/video tracks to play), after that I'm guess "play to" will be one of the next features.

Dogzyboy
02-14-2011, 06:51 PM
Apologies for jumping on this thread, but I'm another who is keen to see such a feature. I'd love to be able to select the music to play from my HTPC, stream it to my DLNA Stereo in another room & have both devices play the same song at the same time.

No other software is able to do this, some come close, but fail on the music being in time with each other. I know that buffering causes some issues here, but this would make Mezzmo my perfect piece of software if it's possible?

Paul
02-15-2011, 08:01 AM
Once we get to imlpementing the "play to" feature, we'll see what needs to be done to synch music between various devices. It may prove that the devices' own buffering and playback modes will make this impossible, but we won't know till we try.

bieniu
04-25-2011, 05:52 PM
Hello. Do you know anything about the planned date for implementing this "Play to" feature? After resume on Samsung is implemented in Mezzmo, "Play to" is the only thing I miss in the software to consider Mezzmo being perfect.

Paul
04-26-2011, 08:13 PM
Unfortunately, there's a few "must-have" features (pre-transcoding, more subtitling options, etc.) that are higher on the development list at the moment, but once they are completed, then we will look at "play-to" and other features.

Tucker26
09-24-2011, 03:58 AM
I'm looking for this functionality too - I'm new to Mezzmo so maybe this has been incorporated by now and I just can't find it? I have some 11,000 music tracks and it is a major pain to find things from my Onkyo Integra DHC80.1 AV controller interface. I'm wondering how others deal with this if a "push to" capability isn't available. I have been using the Windows Media Player server which does this nicely, but it doesn't provide a lot of format flexibility. Other than that everything seems to work great so far.

Paul
09-26-2011, 08:49 AM
This hasn't been implemented yet, but it's certainly in our development path for future development.

Darwin
10-15-2011, 01:23 PM
This is a must to have. I dont understand why this task is taking that much time or why this ultimate monster feature is not prio number 1.
If this great feature is implementet, i would buy this app straight. btw. if somone knows a app that can do that, let me know :)
Windows 7 can do it, but unfortunally, it can not stream FLV Files ;(

btw. is it possible to implement also a plugin for firefox or IE which can also push directly for example YouTube streams, playlists etc?
You could dominate with such features because mainstram media is dieing and YouTube or other Videostreamplatforms are rising like hell.

peterandre123
10-15-2011, 05:24 PM
Hi, even I would like to know if the 'play to; functionality is available in any of the new versions..

Paul
10-17-2011, 08:46 AM
We have many features that are going to be implemented, so they have been prioritized based on certain criteria. "Play to" is certainly a high-priority feature and it will be implemented for sure. Sorry for the long time it's taking, but at the moment other features are being developed and are taking all of our time here. Once they are done, we'll be able to work on the "play to" and other interesting and useful things.

Thank you for the suggestion regarding a plugin - we'll consider that.

eifionf
01-24-2012, 10:50 PM
I would also like to add my vote to a "play to" facility on Mezzmo. I use Mezzmo and prefer it to other offerings. I would like to set my system so that Mezzmo serves media connected to a external hard drive on my router. The external devices would be my TV, IPOD connected to stereo etc. I have managed to set up my Android phone to use Mezzmo as the source and the IPOD and the renderer, but i would like to use the Mezzmo server to browse my music collection and a "play to" function would be very useful. I have looked at other servers, players, control points, but i would like to use Mezzmo if i can.

Darwin
04-27-2012, 03:45 PM
...looks like this task is mission impossible ;) Request was startet at 12.07.2010 and 2 years only promisses but nothing else. It is like Nokia, first quality, then innovativ after that fat and conservativ... maybe soon death.

Paul
04-27-2012, 03:55 PM
Sorry about the delay in getting this "play to" feature to Mezzmo users. We're very busy on some important features that have also been requested for a long time (subtitles, URL streaming, etc.) and that's pushing out other feature requests. We will get to "play to" features eventually though. Thanks for your patience.

reesaroo74
06-30-2013, 09:14 AM
Another shout out for the "play to" functionality in Mezzmo. I haven't seen any discussion of it since about mid-2012. I reckon it would make an already awesome product just that little bit better. Any idea on how long away it might be?

Paul
06-30-2013, 09:37 AM
We're working on it now, and it's working well in our alpha version so far. No firm date on the actual release as yet.

Emooo
11-14-2013, 02:20 AM
Bump on that feature! <3 you Mezzmo, great software :)

Paul
11-14-2013, 03:42 PM
We've been working on this for the past year and you will see our solution in the coming month :)

menotu
03-02-2014, 01:12 AM
We've been working on this for the past year and you will see our solution in the coming month :)

hello,

when is the next month?

Paul
03-02-2014, 09:33 AM
See http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/6844-Mezzmo-v4-0-Invitation-for-Beta-testers

menotu
03-03-2014, 08:53 AM
yeah but this thread is about the feature of Windows playto smarttv and not Android to smarttv from windows.

Windows Playto Feature works without smartphone.
this is still not included? So far I have not purchased mezzmo. If the feature is desired but as yet, I will order.

Paul
03-03-2014, 09:54 AM
Sorry - the upcoming Mezzmo v4.0 (Windows) does not have "Play to" features. However, we have included "Play to" features in our new Mezzmo (Android) app.

After Mezzmo v4.0 (Windows) and Mezzmo (Android) are released in a few weeks, then we will begin discussions on the next set of features for the next major version of Mezzmo. I'll make sure "Play To" in Mezzmo (Windows) is one of them.

menotu
03-04-2014, 03:40 AM
lol, since 4 years.... there are so many apps for steaming android to smarttv (skifta, Bubble, mediahouse, iMediaShare, Mediamonkey....).

But no app for streaming windows to smarttv.

Paul
03-04-2014, 06:48 AM
Understand. We prioritize development of features for Mezzmo partly based on user requests, so that's why features like subtitles, DVD / ISO streaming, merged folders, etc. have been added over the past year or so. In Mezzmo 4.0, we've added much requested features like Blu-ray / ISO streaming, MPAA-style content ratings & better metadata. Now that Mezzmo v4.0 is about to be released, we can plan for the next set of features. I imagine that URL streaming will be at the top of that list, and possibly 'Play To' is not far behind.

Paul
11-01-2014, 01:15 PM
Update: Mezzmo v4.1.0.0 has been released and it now has Play To features to let you push your files to devices in your home for immediate playback. See this FAQ for more details - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/7631-Tutorial-Using-Play-To-features-in-Mezzmo