PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo & Chromecast - No Audio

Roofus
10-10-2018, 04:25 PM
Hi

I seem to have a problem with a file type and playback. Initially I though it was because the files are mkv and I spotted some old posts on that subject but the fix does not seem relevant anymore as the lines suggesated to be removed do not exist in the googlechromecast file so I assume that has been fixed and this is different.

The issue seems to be the difference between a AAC / HE-AAC - LC encoded file that plays fine and a E-AC-3 / N-EAC3 file which does not. Both 2 channel audio.

The other difference I can see is the working file plays fine and I can adjust the volume in Mezzmo Android App.

But on the file with no audio I get a message on my TV which says "Surround sound enabled use your TV remote control"

PS: I have tried turning up the volume on the TV, no effect.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Steve

Peter
10-11-2018, 08:18 AM
The E-AC3 file will be detected as surround sound because AC3 is Dolby Digital, we included support for AC3 in earlier Chromecast profiles because early chromecasts would just play this audio but it appears that your chromecast wants to pass it to an audio receiver. We have another profile for the Google Chromecast with the ac3 audio removed from the mkv container so this will force the file to be transcoded when played, send an email to support [at] conceiva [dot] com if you would like to try this profile.

Roofus
10-11-2018, 04:29 PM
Hi Peter

I have switched profiles and renamed by device to be 100% sure thats the one being used and I can see it streaming but it did not trigger transcoding.

This is the full Audio spec of the file

Audio
ID : 2
Format : E-AC-3
Format/Info : Enhanced Audio Coding 3
Codec ID : A_EAC3
Duration : 45 min 49 s
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 128 kb/s
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate : 187.500 FPS (256 SPF)
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 41.9 MiB (14%)
Language : English
Service kind : Complete Main
Default : Yes
Forced : No

Steve

Peter
10-12-2018, 07:59 AM
Hi Steve,
can you please check in Transcoding Settings in Mezzmo to make sure transcoding is not turned off and also check the device settings on the Transcoding tab to make sure transcoding is enabled?

Roofus
10-12-2018, 08:31 AM
DOH!

Thanks Peter that did it. I always expected the default to be enable transcode on a new device. My overall setting was on but each new Chromecast device was turned off.

Will check next time.

Thanks once again, flawless support.

Steve