PDA

View Full Version : Linksys E3000 router and file not supported

icu_nxtime
12-08-2010, 01:06 PM
I am using the Linksys E3000 router that has usb support for file sharing. I have a 2tb drive plugged into the router and I have a drive mapped to my pc for the file shares.

When I use files off of the pc directly it is ok but all files I try to play from the mapped drive fail even mp3's

I guess the question is will Mezzmo work with mapped drive files ?

For what it's worth I can see all of the files and it does scan and show them in the menu they just won't play. This is on a samsung un65c8000 tv if that helps at all but I don't think the tv is the issue just the drive mappings.

Paul
12-08-2010, 02:26 PM
It's probably an access permissions issue. Can you please turn on logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) then try to access one of those files again and once it fails send us the logs to support (at) conceiva (dot) com

icu_nxtime
12-09-2010, 03:12 AM
Going on your hint of access permissions I enabled my guest account for the media share on the router but it did not solve the issue.

I would just use the router's dnla, it plays most files fine but for some reason it wil not play my 3d content so I was hoping Mezzmo would solve that problem for me with the on the fly transcoding.

Let's hope It works out, Looking forward to a solution !!!

Thanks