PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo app on Nvidia Shield.

AWSHO
11-29-2018, 05:39 AM
A few days ago I looked at some photos I have on my server, thru the Mezzmo app on my Nvidia Shield. A couple of days later I went to watch a movie and the app is no longer finding my folders on the server. The server is on. I uninstalled and re-installed the Mezzmo app with no luck. I even re-booted the pc (my server) with no luck. On the app it is showing my pc as the server.

I also have the Plex app on the Nvidia Shield and I was able to watch a movie thru the app with no problem.So it does not seem to be the Nvidia Shield. It seems like the problem is with the app, but am not 100% sure.Looking for a solution here. I really don't want to go back to Plex. But that is all that is working right now.

Thanks for your time considering a solution for this issue.

Peter
11-29-2018, 09:05 AM
Can you please enable diagnostic logging http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?id=using_logging&s[]=diagnostic then after restarting your Mezzmo media server try browsing your Mezzmo server from the Mezzmo app then send us the logs to support [at] conceiva [dot] com so we can investigate.

AWSHO
11-30-2018, 01:57 AM
OK, Peter I have sent the log files you requested.

Peter
11-30-2018, 09:49 AM
the logs indicate that you have the box to allow new devices to connect to the server unchecked, please go to ‘Media Devices’ in Mezzmo and check the box to allow new devices to connect to the Mezzmo server and this should resolve the problem.

AWSHO
12-02-2018, 10:23 AM
Peter, I did as you suggested, with no change. Not sure why I would need to check that box because I already have the Shield to allow connection. I did not have that box checked because all of a sudden I get three different Sony Playstations trying to connect and I do not have any Sony Playstations. Anyway the problem is still there. You have some time as I will be out of town for about five days. I will check back with you when I return.