PDA

View Full Version : Random unwatched episode - how to

HomerRamone
12-16-2018, 01:50 AM
I have an active playlist with a filter to show specific shows (ones im currently watching).
It shows only those with a keyword match and a playcount of zero and is sorted by track episode.
So the one "at the top of the list" is the next one to watch.

Is there a way I can have another playlist that links to this give give a single random episode from the first playlist ?
So I would in effect get the next episode of a random show (from a selection)
If that makes sense.

(Ive an idea I already asked this before - but I looked at my previous posts and couldnt find it)

Thanks in advance.

Peter
12-17-2018, 08:18 AM
It is not possible to reference this playlist from another but you could create another playlist using the same rules and then set the sort order to random shuffle and set the item limit to 1 to show only 1 random video.

HomerRamone
01-08-2019, 05:43 AM
Thanks for the reply.

However, if I set the order to random shuffle I wont get the episodes in order. Basically what I want is for it to select the next unwatched episode from a selection of TV shows IYSWIM.

Peter
01-08-2019, 08:22 AM
Yes if you want to watch each series in order then there would need to be two selects, one to get the next episode and then another to get the random selection. This is not currently possible but we may add support for this in the future.