PDA

View Full Version : Wishlist for Mezzmo server

morden
12-18-2018, 09:45 AM
I would like to see an option added under device profile's transcoding option to transcode the audio from DTS,AC3,etc to AAC. I have 3 Roku streaming devices in my house and 1 one of them is connected to an Onkyo receiver while the other 2 are connected directly to a TV. Since the one is connected to a receiver I can hear video files that have AC3 audio embedded in them but the TV's have no decoders for DTS/AC3/etc so I can only see video and not hear any sound. So I would like to be able to select an option under those 2 device profiles to transcode to AAC audio format.

Would that be possible to implement in a future version?

Peter
12-18-2018, 10:21 AM
By default the Roku Streaming Player profile will transcode DTS,AC3 to AAC if you have transcoding enabled so this is already available in Mezzmo.

ftanner
12-18-2018, 12:42 PM
I would like to see an option added under device profile's transcoding option to transcode the audio from DTS,AC3,etc to AAC. I have 3 Roku streaming devices in my house and 1 one of them is connected to an Onkyo receiver while the other 2 are connected directly to a TV. Since the one is connected to a receiver I can hear video files that have AC3 audio embedded in them but the TV's have no decoders for DTS/AC3/etc so I can only see video and not hear any sound. So I would like to be able to select an option under those 2 device profiles to transcode to AAC audio format.

Would that be possible to implement in a future version?

Most of my movies are encoded with AC3 audio,and they play through my Rokus onto my TVs just fine with no transcoding. I would make sure that everyting is set up correctly.