PDA

View Full Version : Server not getting media info or pictures for videos

stewart
12-25-2018, 11:06 AM
Hi it seems now that the server is not going out to the internet and getting the info for the files eg pictures, ratings eg eg even if i click the folder and tell it to maintain now it still comes up blank. If how ever i click into the folder and click on edit go to the get online video media data it will find it no problem. So why is is not doing it automatically when files are added or when i try to do it by clicking on the folder and telling to to maintain it .

Peter
01-02-2019, 09:41 AM
Hi Stewart,
can you please check the settings for Maintain folder to make sure the option to update artwork is selected?

stewart
01-21-2019, 02:25 PM
yes it is selected it seems if there is a . between the file name it will not work (with some of them) eg bad.santa2.mp4 but when i rename it to bad santa 2 (no dots the server will get all the right info and ratings.

stewart
01-21-2019, 02:38 PM
works perfect if i remove all dots and stuff like H264.AAC-RARBG on the ends of file names and just have the movie name for the folder and the file.

Peter
01-21-2019, 05:10 PM
Mezzmo does remove dots and other noise words but in the case of bad.santa2.mp4 this will end up as bad santa2 which will have a problem with the santa2 part of the title. If it was bad.santa.2.mp4 this this would work because the dots are replaced with spaces.

stewart
01-25-2019, 02:26 PM
Mezzmo does remove dots and other noise words but in the case of bad.santa2.mp4 this will end up as bad santa2 which will have a problem with the santa2 part of the title. If it was bad.santa.2.mp4 this this would work because the dots are replaced with spaces.

I just tried another the file was hunter.killer.mp4 and it could not get the details even if i did it manually. I have to take the dot out then it found all the details (when i went into the info where you tell it to go get the info from the net had the dot in it the name and thats the problem its not removing it.

Peter
01-25-2019, 04:51 PM
The dots are removed when trying to extract information from the filename, do you have the option to get Text Metadata from File path selected? http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?id=metadata_retrieval_settings&s[]=metadata&s[]=retrieval&s[]=settings