PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Smart TV App

Britinva
01-11-2019, 09:57 AM
I noticed on my Samsung Smart TV model UN32M4500AFXZA that there is now a Mezzmo app (which looks great!)...………….. but I have Samsung Smart TV model UN55KU6290FXZA but when I search for the Mezzmo app nothing comes up?

Is it only available on some models?

Peter
01-11-2019, 02:55 PM
Yes, unfortunately it is up to Samsung to release the app for different TV models and their release process is quite poor so we have to wait for them to approve the release of the app for each model.

Britinva
01-12-2019, 10:11 AM
OK, have sent message to Samsung but doubt get any joy from them!

Britinva
01-13-2019, 03:52 AM
Response from Samsung

Thank you for contacting us at Samsung Malaysia Electronics. We have received your email and noted your concern. In regards to your query, we are sorry to inform you that Samsung Smart TV model UN55KU6290FXZA did not support for the Mezzmo
media app.

However, kindly be inform you that only TV that starting from the M series (2017 and above) are support for the apps.

Was this a limitation from Mezzmo or is it Samsung limiting new Apps just to new TV's.

If anyway of me manually adding the App to try happy to do so.

Cheers,
Mark

Peter
01-14-2019, 09:10 AM
It appears to be a scaling issue in the app for older Tizen models, the app by default uses 1080p resolution and older TV models use a lower resolution. It is not possible to load the app on TVs running Tizen without using the Samsung debugging tools https://developer.samsung.com/tv/develop/tools/tizen-studio/. You could try downloading the tools and installing the app from the source code https://github.com/Conceiva/Mezzmo-Samsung-Tizen

1Elizabeth_Brown
04-27-2019, 05:18 PM
Hey Peter,

If someone wants use in old models of samsung, do you have any solution for that?

Peter
04-29-2019, 09:09 AM
There is a version of the Mezzmo app for older Samsung TVs from model 'D' through to the early 'J' models that run the older Samsung OS.