PDA

View Full Version : Samsung LN46A750 problem fast forward and rewind

Alan_C
12-09-2010, 12:54 PM
I choose Mezzmo as my DLNA server after seeing so many recomendations on various web forums.

I installed and set up was painless. So far the only issue that I see is that I do not have fast forward or rewind functions.

When playing movies via the USB port, I can do 20 second jumps forward and backward, but not while using the DLNA server. The TV displays the symbol for 20 second jump, but no jump occurs.

Is this a limitation of the TV or a set-up issue? I was using profile SAMSUNG A, but tried SAMSUNG B and C, but that gave an error on the TV of wrong video codec.

I have Mezzmo version 2.1.11.0

Thanks

Paul
12-09-2010, 01:05 PM
It's a limitation of the TV, but you should be able to skip using the left/right buttons on the remote.

Alan_C
12-09-2010, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the fast response.

No, the skip does not work. This is using the left/right buttons on the sides of the large round control wheel. When I try this, the symbol for 20 second jump shows on the TV, but no jump occurs.

I am thinking of a new samsung for the basement. Any idea if this is still an issue with Samsung, or is it resolved with newer sets. the new set would be a LN46C610

Paul
12-09-2010, 02:06 PM
It's still the same in all of Samsung's devices, including TVs, BDPs, HTs, etc... unfortunately.

So, if you hold the button down it doesn't skip? Can you please send us a message to support (at) conceiva (dot) com and we'll send you an updated device profile to try, but if the symbol is shown on the TV it should jump forward (it wouldn't show the symbol if it wasn't possible to skip, as far as I know).

Alan_C
12-09-2010, 02:19 PM
Thanks again.

No, holding the button down does not skip forward, but as long as the button is held, the skip icon shows, the time counter stops advancing, but the video continues to play as normal (no skip).

I will send you an email for a updated device profile.

Maybe I should be looking for a different brand TV. Any brand that works better than others for full steaming functionality?

Paul
12-09-2010, 02:24 PM
It's hard to say which brand is better - one way to look at it would be to see what is the most commonly used format that you have your videos in and pick a TV that either supports it natively (e.g. AVCHD or MKV) or will work well with transcoded files. And then some brands have different DLNA players built-in on different models, so it's really hard to pick a perfect solution. It appears that BDPs are actually better players in this sense, as they usually support more formats than the TV of the same brand.

Alan_C
12-09-2010, 02:58 PM
Dennis,

I recieved the updated device profile and this has improved things. I now have skip functionality and some (inconsistant) jumps of larger than 20-seconds when holding down the right button.

It is an improvement. I will purchase Mezzmo. Thanks.

Alan

Paul
12-09-2010, 03:14 PM
Glad it's better - we'll continue working on improving things over time.

TheBigHead
12-09-2010, 09:18 PM
Hello Dennis,
I have also problems with my Samsung PS50C6970 to use the Fastforward or Fastback Buttons. Please can you send me the changed Device settings that you has send to Alan_C ? Is there also a new Settingfile for the PS3 to use Fastforward and Fastback because the PS3 plays many Videos with Fastforward or Fastback but not all.

Greetings
Chris

Paul
12-10-2010, 09:02 AM
Hello Chris,

You'll need to e-mail support so that we could send it out. We also have updates for the PS3, so just mention it in your e-mail and we'll send you profiles/updated for both devices.

Alan_C
12-19-2010, 04:27 PM
I just bought a new Sansung "C" series TV (40C610) and fast forward/rewind works great. Just need to hold down the right/left arrow and it goes to a radion jump mode.

I just wished the "A" series did it.

Joemendo
03-21-2011, 11:45 AM
I see the same issue with my PN50 A760. The jump forward and reverse buttons are visible, but nothing happens when you press them.

Paul
03-21-2011, 11:53 AM
Are you pressing the left/right buttons or the FF/REW buttons on the remote? If you see the FF/REW symbols and you're pressing left/right buttons, then it should jump. If it doesn't, please turn on logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) then play a movie, press the right button and once it doesn't skip, stop the server and send the logs to support (at) conceiva (dot) com - we'll see if the TV requests anything or not.