PDA

View Full Version : can mezzmo be used by 2 tvs?

ajking46
01-29-2019, 12:39 AM
I recently changed my main TV from Samsung to Panasonic. I have had no problems with the Samsung Smart TV seeing the Mezzmo Server. I set up the Panasonic and, again this TV sees the Mezzmo server and I can stream to it.
I installed the Samsung in another room and, at first, it showed the Mezzmo icon but when I selected the server, it didn't connect. Now, it doesn't show the server at all
Is Mezzmo capable of streaming to two different TVs? if so, what do I need to do?

jbinkley60
01-29-2019, 04:47 AM
Yes, Mezzmo can serve to many TVs at the same time. I've tested with 5 simultaneously with no issues (no transcoding).

ftanner
01-29-2019, 12:19 PM
I recently changed my main TV from Samsung to Panasonic. I have had no problems with the Samsung Smart TV seeing the Mezzmo Server. I set up the Panasonic and, again this TV sees the Mezzmo server and I can stream to it.
I installed the Samsung in another room and, at first, it showed the Mezzmo icon but when I selected the server, it didn't connect. Now, it doesn't show the server at all
Is Mezzmo capable of streaming to two different TVs? if so, what do I need to do?

Yes... I have three TVs and have had as many as five, and it has worked fine.

ajking46
02-07-2019, 03:25 AM
Many thanks for your help, jbinkly60, I will have to try something else

jbinkley60
02-07-2019, 07:40 AM
I'd suggest working on getting one TV at a time working. The Mezzmo folks here are excellent at helping troublsehooting specific TV / device issues.

Peter
02-07-2019, 08:59 AM
Is the Samsung TV connected to the network using the same method as it was in the other room, so if it was connected via ethernet cable in the other room is it connected via wifi now?