PDA

View Full Version : ffmpeg only running single thread ?

RBJTech
12-09-2010, 11:33 PM
Hi - I'm trialling Mezzmo as it looked very promising as a solution to finally getting my son's xbox360's to play MKV files.

I'm running Mezzmo on a dedicated Windows 2008R2 server, which as an i5-750 (quad core). The MKV which is a blu-ray rip consists of h264 1080p video (5-6K bitrate) and either AC3 or DTS - no HD-Audio. 100Mb/sec Wired Network.

The xbox360 starts to stream the file, but then stops. In looking at the ffmpeg process, it only seems to be maxing a single core of the cpu, the other 3 are idle. I've tried changing the max number of transcodes to 1 but assume this does not automatically redirect all cores to a single transcode as I assumed it would.

Do I need to change something on the profile to force it to use all the cores ? I haven't had time to have a throught investigation myself yet - so was hoping somebody could at least point me in the right direction ?

Thanks in advance.

Paul
12-10-2010, 10:04 AM
The files are being transcoded to WMV and FFmpeg doesn't support multithreaded WMV encoding. We do have an optimized device profile for the XBox that should make transcoding faster - please send a message to support (at) conceiva (dot) com and we'll send it out to you.