PDA

View Full Version : Video Preview File Type & Storage Location

dafunk60
03-06-2019, 06:53 PM
I'm moving my install to new hardware and after restoring the database I'm not seeing the video previews in the web interface. Is the preview data stored in the *.bif or *.mzt located at %User%\AppData\Local\Conceiva\Mezzmo\TranscodingFi les\ directory?

Peter
03-07-2019, 09:07 AM
The video previews are stored in the .bif files, these are not backed up in the database so you will need to copy them manually from the Bif folder in the Transcoding files folder. If you copy the entire TranscodingFiles folder you will get the video previews and the transcoded files.

ftanner
03-07-2019, 01:03 PM
The video previews are stored in the .bif files, these are not backed up in the database so you will need to copy them manually from the Bif folder in the Transcoding files folder. If you copy the entire TranscodingFiles folder you will get the video previews and the transcoded files.

Seems like adding that as an optional backup item might be a good thing to do.

Peter
03-08-2019, 09:30 AM
The transcoding folder can be many gigabytes in size so backing it up is not practical as you may end up with multiple copies of the same transcoded file. Possibly as part of a migration tool for moving the library to another computer it might be useful.

ftanner
03-09-2019, 01:29 PM
The transcoding folder can be many gigabytes in size so backing it up is not practical as you may end up with multiple copies of the same transcoded file. Possibly as part of a migration tool for moving the library to another computer it might be useful.

Not the whole folder. Just the previews.

Peter
03-12-2019, 09:07 AM
Yes we could possibly include this.

dafunk60
03-23-2019, 11:36 AM

Worked like a charm! Thank you.