PDA

View Full Version : Lg TV problems

Smrik
05-01-2019, 08:05 PM
I have an LG 4K TV (model 65UF850V) with webOS 2.0 and Mezzmo app on my PC that is up-to-date.
Everything works well when i play 1080p files, but when i try to play 2160p files, they do not work.
The files are .mkv with HEVC (h265) video encoding and AAC audio. I checked the LGs website and it says those codecs are supported, but when i try to play the files, the TV outputs a message saying that the file is outputing only video but not audio.
In the Mezzmo settings i tried different profiles (2017 LG and LG UHD) and i also tried to disable transcoding.
Thank you for your help.

Peter
05-02-2019, 09:21 AM
If the video does not play with transcoding disabled then it may be that the TV does not support the codec over DLNA. Can you try copying the video to a USB stick and plug it into the TV to see if it plays?

Smrik
05-02-2019, 08:12 PM
So I just tried to play the file from the USB and it worked perfectly so it supports HEVC without any problems.

Peter
05-03-2019, 10:52 AM
Manufacturers sometimes support different codecs via USB than over the network so it could be that this is the case. We can investigate further, please enable diagnostic logging http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?id=using_logging&s[]=diagnostic then after restarting your Mezzmo media server try streaming the file to the TV and then send us the logs to support [at] conceiva [dot] com