PDA

View Full Version : Sony Bravia Supported?

mrgenie
09-09-2019, 03:45 PM
It says this on the website, but does that mean ALL Bravia worldwide?

For instance: KD-55X7000G

I'm looking to buy this but I can't find any information online about if it supports DLNA or not.

Asking local sales companies for support turns fruitless as in this country everyone says:
"no Sir, we don't give support, you can buy and see if it works, if it doesn't you buy something else!"

Of course no refunds.

Yes I hear you saying: buy another brand, but the point is the Sony has excellent colors compared to what else is here
on the local market.

Also it's not that the brand doesn't give support, local shops don't give support!

You can always pay 350 USD and send it to Japan for the Warranty, with a 40% loss on postal here
and even with track & Trace and 0 guarantees. Without Track and Trace the loss is 100% unfortunately.

So I figure no support and no warranty, but that's fine as Sony usually has a 100% working rate anyway.

But I need to know if DLNA is supported because I rely on that.

Peter
09-09-2019, 04:05 PM
Most of the newer Sony TVs run Android TV so this gives you the ability to run Mezzmo Android to get DLNA support. From searching Google it appears this model TV runs Android TV.

mrgenie
09-14-2019, 01:06 PM
Most of the newer Sony TVs run Android TV so this gives you the ability to run Mezzmo Android to get DLNA support. From searching Google it appears this model TV runs Android TV.

yes it runs the android TV. Wasn't aware of a Android App.

Thanks! That's even better, Mezzmo own apps usually support even more than standard DLNA :)