PDA

View Full Version : Serviio no longer detected by Android App

cruachan
09-19-2019, 09:15 PM
I've been using the Mezzmo Android app on FireTV Stick and it's been excellent using Serviio as my PC-based server. Just today it is no longer detecting the Serviio server while still detecting Windows Media Player. Meanwhile Serviio continues to be detected by my iPad streaming app so it's still working. I've tried clearing the Mezzmo app's cache and details using the FireTV controls with no effect. Any suggestions?

Peter
09-20-2019, 08:53 AM
The app on your ipad may be caching the server, which app are you using on the ipad?

cruachan
09-20-2019, 10:50 AM
I'm using 8Player as my DNLA player app on iPad. I've cleared its 'history' from within the app, without effect. This may or may not be the same as cache but it's the only option that seems to be available. There are no management options for the 8Player app within the iPad settings.

Peter
09-20-2019, 11:34 AM
Can you please try refreshing the server list in the Mezzmo Android app by touching the refresh icon at the top right of the list.

cruachan
09-20-2019, 11:52 AM
Yes, done that dozens of times. Windows Media Player comes back but not Serviio.

Peter
09-20-2019, 12:44 PM
Has Serviio been updated? Possibly the server is using a different server type in their description document.

cruachan
09-20-2019, 02:57 PM
Has Serviio been updated? Possibly the server is using a different server type in their description document.

Got it back working, recognising Serviio. FYI, Serviio had assigned the IP address of my FireTV device to another app on FireTV - ES File Explorer. When I deleted that from the Serviio console and refreshed the Mezzmo app it immediately detected the Serviio server on my PC.