PDA

View Full Version : Pointless error

HomerRamone
12-01-2019, 04:04 AM
Ive got a video file that mezzmo has decided is invalid. No idea why it plays just fine in VLC.
I suspect the original verison of the file was, now that I have replaced it with a good version, because its got the same filename mezzmo doesnt understand the fille has changed (despite me refreshing the folder many times)
If I rename to something else mezzmo tells me the file is invalid and to see the log. As it stands this error is as much use as none.. WHERES THE LOG.
Now ive no doubt someone will tell me on here - but why not say this in the error !?

(Sorry this is a bit of a rant I know - but cmon.. just say "please check the log file located at <path>")

Also - is there a way of stopping mezzmo from doing the current sheduled maintence task - doesnt seem to be a way of cancel - and it seems to take it HOURS :(

HomerRamone
12-01-2019, 04:06 AM
OK in the time it took me to write that its finally figued out theres nothing wrong with the file. Something happened/was triggered whatever. Maybe refresh doesnt trigger this "check the file" behaviour ? Is there something that does ?

(Still think it would be handy telling the user the location of the logfile to check !)

jbinkley60
12-01-2019, 02:00 PM
To update an individual file I generally right click on the file, go to Properties then click the Video tab. Then click Get Video Properties from file. You can also click on Subtitles and do Update Subtitles.

HomerRamone
12-02-2019, 01:05 AM
Will try that next time I see this happen.
Hanx

Peter
12-02-2019, 09:01 AM
When you maintain the library or maintain the folder/playlist Mezzmo will check the date modified of the file and if the file on disk is newer then Mezzmo will update the properties of the file in the database.

jbinkley60
12-02-2019, 12:16 PM
Yep, that's the easier approach and is what I typically do for updating multiple files in a playlist, like OTA recorded media. I do a Maintain on the playlist or folder. Works like a champ.