Thread: Local Playback Interface

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Local Playback Interface

HI All,
    Under a new name due to e-mail change.

I play-back from the Mezzmo library(using VLC) on the same machine where the files and Mezzmo (6) reside. NO network feed, upload or trancoding. Just simply PLAY. I already use the right click/PLAY dropdown. And Ctrl-Q to end VLC cleanly.

This procedure is OK for me,. but I am looking for a way to use the main library interface, but lock out (or not display) library editing, server and other controls.
    In other words - a fool proof interface that my grand-kids ( or wife) can use without messing up the collection! Before you say it, the Web interface would be OK, IF they don't close out of it and get into the machine and Windows stuff! Also, The web interface will not play local file without "downloading" (to itself!).

Anything or modification to do this? JRiver's interface works very well, but their library management is not as convenient or automated as Mezzo. Wth JR, you have to "program" little things like not displaying played films in a list. There "Smart" playlist isn't so smart - among other things.

Thanks in advance for your replies and suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by dshaw1653 View Post
    HI All,
    Under a new name due to e-mail change.

I play-back from the Mezzmo library(using VLC) on the same machine where the files and Mezzmo (6) reside. NO network feed, upload or trancoding. Just simply PLAY. I already use the right click/PLAY dropdown. And Ctrl-Q to end VLC cleanly.

This procedure is OK for me,. but I am looking for a way to use the main library interface, but lock out (or not display) library editing, server and other controls.
    In other words - a fool proof interface that my grand-kids ( or wife) can use without messing up the collection! Before you say it, the Web interface would be OK, IF they don't close out of it and get into the machine and Windows stuff! Also, The web interface will not play local file without "downloading" (to itself!).

Anything or modification to do this? JRiver's interface works very well, but their library management is not as convenient or automated as Mezzo. Wth JR, you have to "program" little things like not displaying played films in a list. There "Smart" playlist isn't so smart - among other things.

Thanks in advance for your replies and suggestions.
    Kodi with the Mezzmo plugin is the best way to do this. In fact, IMHO, if you get Kodi figured out and customized the way you like, it is the single best way to playback from Mezzmo, period. I had a Raspberry Pi that used to boot right into Kodi and had it set up as a home theater setup and it was fantastic.

Alternatively, you could just use VLC since it will scan and display DLNA libraries but you'll lose of lot of the functions that way.
    Last edited by smitbret; 03-10-2020 at 02:08 AM.