Hi to all,

I've happily used Mezzmo since v2.x. I've been using v5.2 for several months, and plan to upgrade to v6 shortly. My primary movie playback device is my Samsung C series TV. The movie files are mostly .MKV and .MP4 files. No transcoding is needed.

A lot of my movies have subtitles. For various reasons, I have always exclusively used SRT files for this. The files have exactly the same filename as the movies, with the .SRT extension. This has worked flawlessly for years, until recently. Two things are now happening:

1. Strange characters are now being substituted for characters which have previously displayed properly. The most recent and crazy example is a Euro symbol being displayed instead of an apostrophe. I've tried changing the code page with no luck.

2. Even stranger, edits that I make to the source SRT files are ignored. A closer look has revealed that Mezzmo has been copying the subtitle files to a transcoding folder (with a strange filename). This file appears to remain static, ignoring any changes to my SRT file. I discovered several dozen of these files, which I deleted. However, no matter what I do, every time I play a movie with a subtitle, Mezzmo insists on repeating this behavior even though I've done everything I can think of to stop it.

This is really annoying. I've explicitly disabled transcoding everywhere I can and still the behavior persists. What is happening here? Is v6 any better?

All help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Joe