Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Mezzmo Kodi Addon Update

Quote Originally Posted by odin View Post
    I think I found another issue, I don't know if it's fixable though, when the mezzmo kodi plugin populates the movie library screen (most recent , movies, watch random ..etc), I found it doesn't include the subtitles (external) to the movie, to play the subtiles for the movie I have to go all the way into addons- mezzmo - mezzmo - movies (find the movie) and play it from here then it will include the subtitles for the movie I am playing..

I hope this makes sense
    It makes total sense and right now it is working as designed. The addon is really meant to be run within the addon. I have Kodi set to boot straight into the addon via autoexec.py. See the autostart section here. I also have a favorites so I can quickly go back if I exit for some reason..

The reason you can play Mezzmo videos outside of the addon is due to the sync function the addon has between Kodi and Mezzmo. This is done so that the addon can leverage certain inherent Kodi capabilities like actor search and similar. Due to the data which is sync'd between Kodi and Mezzmo you get the Kodi library functions and such but right now external subtitle information and some other information aren't part of the sync process. That's why it works within the addon but not outside. There are other features which don't work outisde of the addon like saving bookmarks to Mezzmo (and across players), the ability to mark a Mezzmo file watched/unwatched, advanced caching to ensure Kodi has the latest images and more.

I disable the video library displays and such within the interface skin settings in Kodi. If you really would like me to see what it would take to sync the external subtitle information between Mezzmo and Kodi I will look into it. I can't promise a turnaround time since I don't have any external subtitle files so I'll need to create a couple and more.

Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 12-07-2020 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jbinkley60 View Post
    It makes total sense and right now it is working as designed. The addon is really meant to be run within the addon. I have Kodi set to boot straight into the addon via autoexec.py. See the autostart section here. I also have a favorites so I can quickly go back if I exit for some reason..

The reason you can play Mezzmo videos outside of the addon is due to the sync function the addon has between Kodi and Mezzmo. This is done so that the addon can leverage certain inherent Kodi capabilities like actor search and similar. Due to the data which is sync'd between Kodi and Mezzmo you get the Kodi library functions and such but right now external subtitle information and some other information aren't part of the sync process. That's why it works within the addon but not outside. There are other features which don't work outisde of the addon like saving bookmarks ro Mezzmo (and across players), the ability to mark a Mezzmo file watched/unwatched, advanced caching to ensure Kodi has the latest images and more.

I disable the video library displays and such within the interface skin settings in Kodi. If you really would like me to see what it would take to sync the external subtitle information between Mezzmo and Kodi I will look into it. I can't promise a turnaround time since I don't have any external subtitle files so I'll need to create a couple and more.

Jeff
    Yeah I understand the ones outside the plugin are from the kodi db so it might be difficult to get extra stream information but if you can do it that would be great, I always like watching movies with subs since my tv has the worst audio ever, and I can keep vol low so don't disturb others.

at first I didn't like the library display built into the skin (I use Eminence) but now it's kinda fun to use since it randomly generates movies and things to watch and I can just play one that shows up.

Thanks
    Last edited by odin; 12-07-2020 at 02:10 PM.

Yeah I understand the ones outside the plugin are from the kodi db so it might be difficult to get extra stream information but if you can do it that would be great, I always like watching movies with subs since my tv has the worst audio ever, and I can keep vol low so don't disturb others.

at first I didn't like the library display built into the skin (I use Eminence) but now it's kinda fun to use since it randomly generates movies and things to watch and I can just play one that shows up.

Thanks
    What format are your external subtitle files ? The skin functionality should still work within the addon. There may be some view mapping needed. I haven't tested that particular skin.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by jbinkley60 View Post
    What format are your external subtitle files ? The skin functionality should still work within the addon. There may be some view mapping needed. I haven't tested that particular skin.

Jeff
    I usually just use the common .srt subs (subrip), if you name the subtile the same name as the movie mezzmo should pick it up as external,

I usually just use the common .srt subs (subrip), if you name the subtile the same name as the movie mezzmo should pick it up as external,
    After a bit of trial and error, I've been able to reprodoce what you are seeing where external SRT subs will play within the addon but not outside natively from the Kodi database. I reverse engineered importing the same video and SRT files into Kodi and looked at how Kodi handles them native outside of a DLNA/uPNP server. This was to find out what other data would need to sync between Mezzmo and Kodi. In the end all Kodi does is add an entry into the streamdetails table for the movie and set the entry to subtitle but adds no other information on where the file is or how Kodi can access it. I manually made the same Kodi database entries on my test Mezzmo files and got the same results, Kodi doesn't recognize the SRT streams being served from Mezzmo outside of the addon. I suspect the default behavior is that when Kodi plays external subs from its database it expects them to be local or an SMB mount.

I was able to remux the SRT files into the video files (i.e internal vs. external) and they worked fine whether playing from Mezzmo within the addon or natively with Kodi. I realize this would mean you'd need to reencode your library. Playing from within the addon always worked for external or internal subs. One other option which worked was to copy the SRT files to a common location (either on your Kodi device or an SMB share) and then when playing a Mezzmo video from the database select browse for subtitles in Kodi and select the SRT file. Unfortunately it didn't save the browse setting between stopping and restarting playback but I think you can set a default subtitle folder for Kodi to browse.

I'll dig a bit more and see if there are any other options.

Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 12-10-2020 at 11:35 PM.

An updated version of the Mezzmo Kodi addon for both Kodi v18 (v1.1.1.4) and Kodi 19 beta
    v2.0.0.1l) have been posted on GitHub. These versions contain a feature enhancement to
    allow selecting different view sort options from the Kodi options menu when displaying Mezzmo
    playlists.

Here's the list of enhancements and bug fixes:

v1.1.1.4 Kodi 18

• Added ability to select different view sort options when displaying
    Mezzmo playlists.

v2.0.0.1l Kodi 19

• Added ability to select different view sort options when displaying
    Mezzmo playlists.

There are separate links for the Kodi 18 and Kodi 19 versions. The Kodi 19 version is based upon the
    latest Kodi 18 v1.1.1.4 code.

Kodi 18 link

Kodi 19 link

Click on the download source as a zip option and then to add it to Kodi by using the install from zip file option.

Feedback and feature requests are always welcome. I would like to understand how many of you use the
    addon to play music from Mezzmo ? This could help guide future development.

Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 12-15-2020 at 09:24 PM.

An updated version of the Mezzmo Kodi addon for both Kodi v18 (v1.1.1.5) and Kodi 19 beta
    v2.0.0.1m) have been posted on GitHub. These versions contain a performance improvement
    and a feature enhancement to not add temporary files to the Kodi database from an OTA DVR
    solution. Depending upon your hardware you may see some marked improvement with the speed
    of displaying Mezzmo playlists.

v1.1.1.5 Kodi 18

• Minor performance improvement by streamlining and simplifying code
    • Added detection for Live Channel temporary files from HDHomeRun
    OTA software found by Mezzmo and no longer syncs them to the Kodi
    database. A message in the Kodi.log file will indicate how many
    were found during the sync process.

v2.0.0.1m Kodi 19

• Minor performance improvement by streamlining and simplifying code
    • Added detection for Live Channel temporary files from HDHomeRun
    OTA software found by Mezzmo and no longer syncs them to the Kodi
    database. A message in the Kodi.log file will indicate how many
    were found during the sync process.

There are separate links for the Kodi 18 and Kodi 19 versions. The Kodi 19 version is based upon the
    latest Kodi 18 v1.1.1.5 code.

Kodi 18 link

Kodi 19 link

Click on the download source as a zip option and then to add it to Kodi by using the install from zip file option.

Feedback and feature requests are always welcome. I would like to understand how many of you use the
    addon to play music from Mezzmo ? This could help guide future development.

Jeff

The Kodi team has released Matrix v19 release candidate 1. Initial testing with the addon version v2.0.0.1m has not found any issues. Please let me know if anyone finds anything with Kodi 19 RC1. I am not planning any feature updates until v19 has been released. At that point the addon number will be changed to align with the Kodi 18 version numbering of the addon.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff,

I updated right after RC was released. No problems here, working fine.

Cheers,
    Ron
    Mezzmo 6.0.7.0 - Mezzmo Kodi Matrix Plugin 2.1.7.7.
    Nvidia Shield 2017
    Windows 10 - Intel 6 core i5 - 24GB Ram - 129TB Storage

Kodi 19 was released today. An updated version of the Mezzmo Kodi addon for both Kodi
    v18 (v1.1.1.6) and Kodi v19 (v2.1.1.6) have been posted on GitHub. Going forward the release
    numbers will match except for the first digit. Kodi 18 release will start with 1 and Kodi 19 with 2.
    These versions contain some bug fixes and minor logging improvements to make it easier to
    maintain your Mezzmo metadata in tip top shape.

v1.1.1.6 Kodi 18

• Improved Kodi logging when a video is playing. The log will now
    show the movie / episode title which is playing vs. the raw uPNP
    file name.
    • Removed some duplicate code used for opening the Kodi database.
    • Added logging during daily sync when a TV episode is missing a
    series name in Mezzmo.
    • Fixed issue where marked playcount feature would fail on movie
    titles with nonASCII characters.

v2.1.1.6 Kodi 19

• Numbering aligned to Kodi 18 version. Production release version.
    • Improved Kodi logging when a video is playing. The log will now
    show the movie / episode title which is playing vs. the raw uPNP
    file name.
    • Removed some duplicate code used for opening the Kodi database.
    • Added logging during daily sync when a TV episode is missing a
    series name in Mezzmo.

latest Kodi 18 v1.1.1.6 code.

Kodi 18 link

Kodi 19 link

addon to play music from Mezzmo ? This could help guide future feature development.

Jeff