Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Mezzmo Kodi Addon Update

Jeff,

I went from version 2.1.5.4 to 2.1.6.7 the other day, and I noticed a problem with the views for my Documentaries. I have set kodi to show 6 views only,
    they are: List/Posters/TriPanel/Icons/Small Icons/wall.

After updating, only 2 are showing, they are: List or Icons. The other are gone, so it defaults to Icons view.

This does not happen to all of the folders (in documentaries), only some of them.

I can't seem to figure out why, so I tried a bunch of the older version to narrow it down.
    The problem starts with version 2.1.6.1 on up. 2.1.6.0 and below are fine.

Thanks,
    Ron
    Mezzmo 6.0.7.0 - Mezzmo Kodi Matrix Plugin 2.1.7.7.
    Nvidia Shield 2017
    Windows 10 - Intel 6 core i5 - 24GB Ram - 129TB Storage

Quote Originally Posted by RonB View Post
    Jeff,

I went from version 2.1.5.4 to 2.1.6.7 the other day, and I noticed a problem with the views for my Documentaries. I have set kodi to show 6 views only,
    they are: List/Posters/TriPanel/Icons/Small Icons/wall.

After updating, only 2 are showing, they are: List or Icons. The other are gone, so it defaults to Icons view.

This does not happen to all of the folders (in documentaries), only some of them.

I can't seem to figure out why, so I tried a bunch of the older version to narrow it down.
    The problem starts with version 2.1.6.1 on up. 2.1.6.0 and below are fine.

Thanks,
    Ron

Ron,

I suspect the change in behavior is because of this change in v2.1.6.1:

v2.1.6.1 7/7/2022

- Further improvement of the category type code to simplify the logic,
    better handle multiple categories for a video and fix issue that would
    cause items not to displayed if the category was blank for a video.

This change improved how categories are handled for files in Mezzmo but it also changed the default from movie to video and now looks across all categories for a match instead of just the first category in the list (when a file has multiple categories). The Mezzmo addon also sets the category type based upon the last item in the playlist. In most instances this isn't an issue since playlists typically have all the same media types but there are scenarios where this isn't the case.

Can you look in a folder which is working fine and one that isn't at the properties of the last item in each playlists ? Then post the category entries for each.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff,

Looks like that's it. I installed 2.1.6.1 and tested by changing the last file to Tv Show.
    It then allowed the following views: List/Tripanel/Icons. instead of just List/Icons.

Then I tried changed the last file from Tv Show to Movie, and got the following views: List/Posters/TriPanel/Icons/Small Icons/wall.

Those is the views I wanted. So it looks like I need to change the them to all to movie for it to work the way I want.

I haven't tried any other versions yet.

I don't know if it's possible, but I'd like the same 6 views regardless of file type.

Thanks for the help,
    Ron
    Nvidia Shield 2017

Jeff,

Looks like that's it. I installed 2.1.6.1 and tested by changing the last file to Tv Show.
    It then allowed the following views: List/Tripanel/Icons. instead of just List/Icons.

Then I tried changed the last file from Tv Show to Movie, and got the following views: List/Posters/TriPanel/Icons/Small Icons/wall.

Those is the views I wanted. So it looks like I need to change the them to all to movie for it to work the way I want.

I haven't tried any other versions yet.

I don't know if it's possible, but I'd like the same 6 views regardless of file type.

Thanks for the help,
    Ron
    Ron,

The views provided are controlled by the skins by the category type. If I change that I break a number of skins. I could provide an option in the view settings options which would allow mapping to a category type regardless of what is received from Mezzmo. So you could basically say all videos are Movies. This would be similar to how we did the Top/Folder Content mapping option. I'll need to give it a bit of thought. Newer versions of the addon don't have any further view mapping changes.

Thanks,

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by jbinkley60 View Post
    Ron,

The views provided are controlled by the skins by the category type. If I change that I break a number of skins. I could provide an option in the view settings options which would allow mapping to a category type regardless of what is received from Mezzmo. So you could basically say all videos are Movies. This would be similar to how we did the Top/Folder Content mapping option. I'll need to give it a bit of thought. Newer versions of the addon don't have any further view mapping changes.

Thanks,

Jeff
    Jeff,

No need to change anything, Now that I know whats wrong, it's an easy fix on my end.
    I don't think making them all movies would work for me either.

Thanks for your time, and the help fixing the issue!

Ron
    Nvidia Shield 2017

Jeff,

No need to change anything, Now that I know whats wrong, it's an easy fix on my end.
    I don't think making them all movies would work for me either.

Thanks for your time, and the help fixing the issue!

Ron
    Thanks Ron. Fixing them in Mezzmo is the right approach. Glad it is working well for you.

Jeff

An updated version of the Mezzmo Kodi addon for both Kodi v18 (v1.1.6.9) and
    Kodi v19+ (v2.1.6.9) have been posted on GitHub. These versions contain a
    couple of minor fixes and a major new enhancement where you can select whether
    the Mezzmo music video category is synchronized with Kodi as movies or music
    videos. The default is movies, which aligns to previous behavior. Note that this
    only applies if you are using the Mezzmo Kodi addon in native mode and that a
    resync is needed for the change to appear. Also note that not all Kodi skins
    support the Music Video category.

*** Important Note ***

Support for Kodi 17 and below will likely be stopped in the very near future for new
    releases and fixes. If you are running Kodi 17 the Mezzmo Kodi addon will continue
    to function but new features and fixes will cease and you will need to disable
    automatic updates. Kodi 18 full support will continue.

v1.1.6.9 Kodi 18

• Added option to treat music videos as either movies or music videos in
    Kodi native mode operation. The default is movies which is consistent
    with earlier versions.
    • Fixed bookmark issue in native mode where Kodi bookmarks may not get
    updated properly if multiple movies had names which were almost identical
    • Improved detection of codec changes during hourly sync process. It was
    possible for certain codec changes to occur and not get detected until
    the daily sync process.

v2.1.6.9 Kodi 19+

• Added option to treat music videos as either movies or music videos in
    Kodi native mode operation. The default is movies which is consistent
    with earlier versions.
    • Fixed bookmark issue in native mode where Kodi bookmarks may not get
    updated properly if multiple movies had names which were almost identical
    • Improved detection of codec changes during hourly sync process. It was
    possible for certain codec changes to occur and not get detected until
    the daily sync process.

If you have version 1.1.4.4 or 2.1.4.4 installed (or higher) and automatic updates
    are enabled this update will be automatic over the next 24 hrs. Otherwise please
    use the links below for manual installation.

There are separate links for the Kodi 18 and Kodi 19 versions. The Kodi 19 version is based upon the
    latest Kodi 18 v1.1.6.9 code.

Kodi 18 link

Kodi 19+ link

Click on the download source as a zip option and then to add it to Kodi by using the install from zip file option.

Note that a new section has been added to the Wiki page which further explains how the various sync
    processes operate with updates for the new selective sync capability.

Feedback and feature requests are always welcome. I would like to understand how many of you use
    the addon to play music from Mezzmo ? This could help guide future feature development.

Thanks,

Jeff

Visit the Mezzmo Kodi addon Wiki for the latest

An updated version of the Mezzmo Kodi addon for both Kodi v18 (v1.1.7.0) and
    Kodi v19+ (v2.1.7.0) have been posted on GitHub. These versions contain a
    number of minor fixes found through extensive testing after the change to support
    music video handling. That release had a significant amount of code change to
    support the new media type. During that testing I found some code complexities
    around the context menu handling for bookmark / resume points and playcount
    setting. The next release will likely take some time to simplify this code and
    will make future additions of new media types to synchronize between Mezzmo
    and Kodi (i.e. music etc..) much simpler.

*** Important Note ***

Support for Kodi 17 and below will likely be stopped in the very near future for new
    releases and fixes. If you are running Kodi 17 the Mezzmo Kodi addon will continue
    automatic updates. Kodi 18 full support will continue. This change may occur in
    the next release.

v1.1.7.0 Kodi 18

• Fixed minor bug introduced in 1.1.6.9 where extra file Kodi table entries
    could be created if the new music video option was default but some videos
    were categorized as music videos.
    • Fixed very obscure old bug where all search results might not display if
    real time updates were enabled and the Kodi database was not fully in sync
    with Mezzmo.
    • Added resetting of Kodi DB clean flag upon addon restart
    • Removed minor 3 second delay on manual Kodi DB cleaning

v2.1.7.0 Kodi 19+

• Fixed minor bug introduced in 2.1.6.9 where extra file Kodi table entries
    could be created if the new music video option was default but some videos
    were categorized as music videos.
    • Fixed very obscure old bug where all search results might not display if
    real time updates were enabled and the Kodi database was not fully in sync
    with Mezzmo.
    • Added resetting of Kodi DB clean flag upon addon restart
    • Removed minor 3 second delay on manual Kodi DB cleaning
    • Fixed issue where the Details context menu item didn't always work properly
    when doing a Mezzmo Search in GUI mode.

If you have version 1.1.4.4 or 2.1.4.4 installed (or higher) and automatic updates
    are enabled this update will be automatic over the next 24 hrs. Otherwise please

There are separate links for the Kodi 18 and Kodi 19 versions. The Kodi 19 version is based upon the
    latest Kodi 18 v1.1.7.0 code.

Kodi 18 link

Kodi 19+ link

Click on the download source as a zip option and then to add it to Kodi by using the install from zip file option.

Note that a new section has been added to the Wiki page which further explains how the various sync
    processes operate with updates for the new selective sync capability.

Feedback and feature requests are always welcome. I would like to understand how many of you use
    the addon to play music from Mezzmo ? This could help guide future feature development.

Thanks,

Jeff

An updated version of the Mezzmo Kodi addon for both Kodi v18 (v1.1.7.1) and
    Kodi v19+ (v2.1.7.1) have been posted on GitHub. These versions contain a
    some new features and minor fixes. The new features are around improving the
    user friendliness when performing Mezzmo searches using Kodi native mode. The
    fixes involved a significant rewrite and reduced complexity of the code which
    detects and matches the Mezzmo media category types to the corresponding Kodi
    supported media categories. This will allow easier addition of new future Kodi
    categories and support for Mezzmo to Kodi music synchronization in the future.

*** Important Note ***

automatic updates. Kodi 18 full support will continue. This change may occur in
    the next release.

v1.1.7.1 Kodi 18

• Added Kodi home option to native mode Mezzmo searches
    • Added option to perform additional search to native and GUI mode searches
    • Fixed issue introduced in v1.1.7.0 where if a musicvideo and a movie both
    had the exact same name and the new musicvideo category feature was being
    used, the wrong bookmark and playcounts might be set.
    • Simplified category matching code for Kodi playcounts and bookmarks to
    support additional category types in the future, should Kodi ever add any.
    • Improved native mode Mezzmo search friendliness so that when no matches are
    found the addon returns to the Kodi native mode home screen vs. the GUI mode
    UPnP server listing screen.

v2.1.7.1 Kodi 19+

• Added Kodi home option to native mode Mezzmo searches
    • Added option to perform additional search to native and GUI mode searches
    • Fixed issue introduced in v2.1.7.0 where if a musicvideo and a movie both
    had the exact same name and the new musicvideo category feature was being
    used, the wrong bookmark and playcounts might be set.
    • Simplified category matching code for Kodi playcounts and bookmarks to
    support additional category types in the future, should Kodi ever add any.
    • Improved native mode Mezzmo search friendliness so that when no matches are
    found the addon returns to the Kodi native mode home screen vs. the GUI mode
    UPnP server listing screen.

latest Kodi 18 v1.1.7.1 code.

Kodi 18 link

Kodi 19+ link

Note that some new updates have been added to the Mezzmo Kodi addon Wiki including:

• How to easily manage Kodi upgrades with Mezzmo
    Managing your storage including easily adding capacity, replacing hard drives etc..
    Easily moving library media between drives, paths and storage without rescraping media or SQL tools.

Thanks,

Jeff

It's been a few years since I've run a stress test on Mezzmo with the Mezzmo Kodi addon and multiple versions of Kodi. A lot has changed since the last test including many more 4K content, more video codecs and some different Kodi client hardware.*

I've added a Performance page to the Mezzmo Kodi addon Wiki to see the results.

In this stress test I had 6 Kodi clients streaming 3 4K UHD and 3 1080P streams with a 10TB disk copy running in the background on the server. 4 of the clients were wired Ethernet and 2 were connected via wireless. Clients were a mix of Kodi 18, 19 and 20, running on OSMC, LibnreElec and Windows. The server registered over 300mbps of streaming. All clients played their respective content flawlessly with no skips, delays or similar.**

This adds proof that done properly UPnP / DLNA can scale well, has high performance, s stable under load and integrates nicely with Kodi.*

Thanks,

Jeff