Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Mezzmo Kodi Addon Update

An updated version of the Mezzmo Kodi addon has been posted on GitHub. This version, 1.0.7.3, contains the following feature enhancements:

• Detects file name extension changes associated with container changes. Useful
    when converting between file types but codecs and duration do not change.
    • Adds Kodi logfile message when a changed file is detected to help with
    tracking down database issues and duplicate files.

This detect feature can be helpful if you are converting / standardizing your Mezzmo library into a common video format.
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 05-14-2020 at 11:43 PM.

An updated version of the Mezzmo Kodi addon has been posted on GitHub. This version, 1.0.7.5, contains the following enhancements and fixes:

• Fixed issue where Mezzmo updated artwork changes associated with file extension
    changes were not being updated in Kodi DB causing blank poster images.
    • Improved performance of playlist loading by reducing the number of Kodi DB SQL
    queries.
    • Improved Kodi logging for metadata and streamdetail detected changes
    • Cleaned up code readability and Kodi log messages.

An updated version of the Mezzmo Kodi addon has been posted on GitHub. This version, 1.0.7.6, contains the following enhancement:

• Added detection for Mezzmo artwork only changes. If just the Mezzmo artwork
    for a movie is updated it will be now replicated to the Kodi DB.

Thanks for doing this.

I would've loved to try this a few months ago, but I've switched to Matrix.

You mentioned earlier in this thread that you're working on a Matrix beta,
    if possible, I'd like to test it when ready.

Thanks,
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by RonB View Post
    Thanks for doing this.

I would've loved to try this a few months ago, but I've switched to Matrix.

You mentioned earlier in this thread that you're working on a Matrix beta,
    if possible, I'd like to test it when ready.

Thanks,
    Ron
    I will begin the Kodi 19 beta next week. I am fixing a last issue in the current code and just posted the update. I did a test run of the Python 2.x to 3.x conversion against the addon code. The changes appear minimal so I should have some code by the end of next week to begin testing. I need to get my Kodi 19 environment setup and hope I don't run into many Kodi 19 bugs..

An updated version of the Mezzmo Kodi addon has been posted on GitHub. This version, 1.0.7.7, contains the following fix:

• Fixed issue where actor names ending with "Jr." are stored multiple ways in
    Mezzmo causing some actors to display incorrectly in the addon. A clear
    Kodi DB will need to performed to remove Jr. only actors displaying during
    actor searches.

An updated version of the Mezzmo Kodi addon has been posted on GitHub to support Kodi 19 v2.0.0.

There are separate links for the Kodi 18 and Kodi 19 versions. The Kodi 19 version is based upon the
    latest Kodi 18 v1.0.7.7 code.

Kodi 18 link

Kodi 19 link

Click on the download source as a zip option and then to add it to Kodi by using the install from zip file option..

The only known issue I have seen so far with Kodi 19 is the movie icons not showing up in the
    actor search panel with the Confluence skin. The problem does not occur with the Estuary skin.
    This is either a Kodi or Confluence skin issue.

I welcome feedback and questions. Please post to this thread.
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 05-29-2020 at 02:52 AM.

I've tested the Matrix version, and have found the following.

Loads slowly, Takes about 15-20 seconds.
    I had the same results with the older version of this plugin, while using Leia. (before I switched to Matrix).
    The other thing is that the thumbnails are not loading, however the background fan art is.

I don't believe the problem is with the plugin, but rather with the skin I'm using. (Rapier 12.2.5), it also did this with Embuary.

I had used the old plugin months ago while I was running Estuary, and the plugin worked well.

One thing that I didn't realize was that is you select clear Kodi DB on startup, it wipes out the movie Database.
    Had to restore it from a backup, Good thing I had one.
    I thought it was just going to delete the Mezzmo DB on Kodi.

What's strange is that setting up and using Mezzmo as a UPnP device functions very fast, however it does not
    refresh properly after adding new Movies or TV Shows.

Cheers,
    Ron

An updated version of the Mezzmo Kodi addon beta has been posted on GitHub to support Kodi 19 v2.0.0.0a
    to address a couple of items:

• Updated Kodi logging to a new format which will be required after June 30, 2020 for Kodi 19.
    • Changed file extension change checking method to use pathnumber vs. parsing file
    extensions. Eliminated issue with false positives on change detection with Kodi
    19 and improves addon performance.

There are separate links for the Kodi 18 and Kodi 19 versions. The Kodi 19 version is based upon the
    latest Kodi 18 v1.0.7.7 code.

Kodi 18 link

Kodi 19 link

Click on the download source as a zip option and then to add it to Kodi by using the install from zip file option..

Quote Originally Posted by RonB View Post
    I've tested the Matrix version, and have found the following.

Loads slowly, Takes about 15-20 seconds.
    I had the same results with the older version of this plugin, while using Leia. (before I switched to Matrix).
    The other thing is that the thumbnails are not loading, however the background fan art is.

I don't believe the problem is with the plugin, but rather with the skin I'm using. (Rapier 12.2.5), it also did this with Embuary.

I had used the old plugin months ago while I was running Estuary, and the plugin worked well.

One thing that I didn't realize was that is you select clear Kodi DB on startup, it wipes out the movie Database.
    Had to restore it from a backup, Good thing I had one.
    I thought it was just going to delete the Mezzmo DB on Kodi.

What's strange is that setting up and using Mezzmo as a UPnP device functions very fast, however it does not
    refresh properly after adding new Movies or TV Shows.

Cheers,
    Ron
    Ron,

Thanks for the feedback. I just uploaded a newer version which fixes an issue with change detection that could cause slowness. Note that it should be slower the first time through a playlist with the Mezzmo addon because it is updating the Kodi database. Afterwards it should be much faster, depending upon your hardware and disk. If you still experience slowness after the first pass through a playlist try disabling change detection and see how much faster that is. If you disable both change detection and Kodi DB Actor copy then it is a straight uPNP browser with some added advantages of better Mezzmo integration and such. You can leave them disabled if your Mezzmo database doesn't change much or just enable them periodically to sync updats down from Mezzmo to Kodi. The addon should not have the issue with detecting new shows and such. Part of what it does is sync Mezzmo to the Kodi database to get the best of both worlds. There are some bugs in Kodi 19 with certain skins and thumbnails.

Yes, the clear DB function wipes out everything. I knew this could be a problem even with the warnings in the Readme file Let me work on that. It might be that I end up doing a partial delete of the Mezzmo data but not all. The table structure and such within the Kodi database and the built-in triggers they have makes any deletes difficult except all. I'll move it near the top of the list and see what I can do.
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 05-30-2020 at 04:06 AM.