Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Mezzmo Kodi Addon Update

Quote Originally Posted by jbinkley60 View Post
    Ron,

Thanks for the feedback. I just uploaded a newer version which fixes an issue with change detection that could cause slowness. Note that it should be slower the first time through a playlist with the Mezzmo addon because it is updating the Kodi database. Afterwards it should be much faster, depending upon your hardware and disk. If you still experience slowness after the first pass through a playlist try disabling change detection and see how much faster that is. If you disable both change detection and Kodi DB Actor copy then it is a straight uPNP browser with some added advantages of better Mezzmo integration and such. You can leave them disabled if your Mezzmo database doesn't change much or just enable them periodically to sync updats down from Mezzmo to Kodi. The addon should not have the issue with detecting new shows and such. Part of what it does is sync Mezzmo to the Kodi database to get the best of both worlds. There are some bugs in Kodi 19 with certain skins and thumbnails.

Yes, the clear DB function wipes out everything. I knew this could be a problem even with the warnings in the Readme file Let me work on that. It might be that I end up doing a partial delete of the Mezzmo data but not all. The table structure and such within the Kodi database and the built-in triggers they have makes any deletes difficult except all. I'll move it near the top of the list and see what I can do.
    OK, I'll give the new version a try, and let you know what I find.

Yes, there is no doubt that there are many differences with how the Kodi plugin works with various skins.
    I had asked Sualfred (Embuary author) if he could look into the problem with the Plugin, but he says he's not
    familiar with Mezzmo, and could not help. He just supports Emby.

It was my fault for not reading the readme file, so I was certainly not blaming you for my ignorance

ETA: Tested latest version; no luck.
    I tried using the Estuary skin, and I get way quicker loading, but the thumbs still don't show, just the backgrounds.

Cheers,
    Ron
    Last edited by RonB; 05-30-2020 at 05:55 AM. Reason: Update

I appreciate the update. Glad to hear the quicker loading with the latest release. I am pretty sure I have a solution for the Kodi DB clear function to only delete Mezzmo data from the database. If all goes well I'll post new code form both versions over the weekend. I'll also take anotker look at the Estuary skin and see if I am seeing similar with the thumbnails. We may need to be a bit careful here in that Kodi 19 is still in alpha code and things are broken depending on which version you are on. Did you try the Sualfred skin and see what the loading time was ? Skins should not make much difference in load times unless the author is doing some very unusual stuff. Are you running with change checking enabled ?
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 05-30-2020 at 03:07 PM.

An updated version of the Mezzmo Kodi addon for both Kodi v18 (v1.0.7.8) and Kodi 19 beta
    v2.0.0.0b) have been posted on GitHub. These versions fix the following item:

• Fixes Kodi DB clear on startup to only delete Mezzmo data in the Kodi
    database vs. deleting all data in prior versions.

There are separate links for the Kodi 18 and Kodi 19 versions. The Kodi 19 version is based upon the
    latest Kodi 18 v1.0.7.8 code.

Kodi 18 link

Kodi 19 link

Click on the download source as a zip option and then to add it to Kodi by using the install from zip file option..

An updated version of the Mezzmo Kodi addon for both Kodi v18 (v1.0.7.9) and Kodi 19 beta
    v2.0.0.0c) have been posted on GitHub. These versions fix the following item:

• Fixed issue where movie thumbnails were not updating properly for certain
    skins when doing an actor search. A Kodi DB clear on startup is needed to
    populate missing thumbnails in the Kodi database.

There are separate links for the Kodi 18 and Kodi 19 versions. The Kodi 19 version is based upon the
    latest Kodi 18 v1.0.7.9 code.

Kodi 18 link

Kodi 19 link

Click on the download source as a zip option and then to add it to Kodi by using the install from zip file option..

Quote Originally Posted by RonB View Post
    OK, I'll give the new version a try, and let you know what I find.

Yes, there is no doubt that there are many differences with how the Kodi plugin works with various skins.
    I had asked Sualfred (Embuary author) if he could look into the problem with the Plugin, but he says he's not
    familiar with Mezzmo, and could not help. He just supports Emby.

It was my fault for not reading the readme file, so I was certainly not blaming you for my ignorance

ETA: Tested latest version; no luck.
    I tried using the Estuary skin, and I get way quicker loading, but the thumbs still don't show, just the backgrounds.

Cheers,
    Ron
    I believe the latest version of Mezzmo addon code for Kodi v2.0.0.0c should fix the artwork problem you were seeing with the Rapier skin. I did some more reverse engineering of the Kodi DB artwork table and saw where there are 4 different types of artwork. Previous versions of the Mezzmo addon were adding just 2 of them to the database. With this fix the Confluence skin is now working properly with Kodi 19. Something with that skin must have changed between Kodi 18 and 19.

Tried to use the plugin with all settings off, still loads very slow and no thumbs.

I could not test with Embuary skin, as it's not available for Matrix yet, but the results were the same with
    both Rapier and Embuary for Leia; very slow loading.

But as with the Leia version of estuary loaded much faster, so I'm pretty sure it's a skin issue,
    not the plugin.

I checked the log, and there are a lot of the following errors:
    WARNING <general>: Attempt to use invalid handle 13
    2020-05-30 16:01:07.087 T:26388 INFO <general>: CPythonInvoker(20, /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.mezzmo/default.py): script successfully run
    2020-05-30 16:01:07.151 T:26371 ERROR <general>: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: HTTP response code said error(22) for http://192.168.1.102:53168/content/9...7xc06c.jpg.jpg
    2020-05-30 16:01:07.158 T:26358 ERROR <general>: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: HTTP response code said error(22) for http://192.168.1.102:53168/content/9...9xcefd.jpg.jpg

Cheers,

Ron

Tried to use the plugin with all settings off, still loads very slow and no thumbs.

I could not test with Embuary skin, as it's not available for Matrix yet, but the results were the same with
    both Rapier and Embuary for Leia; very slow loading.

But as with the Leia version of estuary loaded much faster, so I'm pretty sure it's a skin issue,
    not the plugin.

I checked the log, and there are a lot of the following errors:
    WARNING <general>: Attempt to use invalid handle 13
    2020-05-30 16:01:07.087 T:26388 INFO <general>: CPythonInvoker(20, /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.mezzmo/default.py): script successfully run
    2020-05-30 16:01:07.151 T:26371 ERROR <general>: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: HTTP response code said error(22) for http://192.168.1.102:53168/content/9...7xc06c.jpg.jpg
    2020-05-30 16:01:07.158 T:26358 ERROR <general>: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: HTTP response code said error(22) for http://192.168.1.102:53168/content/9...9xcefd.jpg.jpg

Cheers,

Ron
    Ron,

The errors above are from Matrix ? If so, I likely caused them by hardcoding a .jpg extension to the artwork file returned from Mezzmo under Kodi 19. For some reason on my setup the file extension is getting stripped somewhere either in Python, Kodi or the urllib library which talks to the server. I'll update the code to check for the .jpg extension and only append if it is missing. I'll add some debugging code to help us troubleshoot more. What hardware / software environment are you running Kodi 19 under ?

Thanks,

jeff

Jeff,

I'm using a 2017 NVidia Shield with Version 8.0.0 Android Software.

For Kodi, I'm running a Matrix nightly posted on 5/28/2020.

I tried the latest version posted at github, however I didn't clear the database, so I'm still getting no Thumbs.

Cheers,
    Ron

I posted the new Kodi 19 code with the file extension check as v2.0.0.0d. Please try it and see if you see any errors like above with a double .jpg in the file names. If so, please enable debug and browse a playlist. I'll then need to see the logfile.

Jeff

Jeff,

I'm using a 2017 NVidia Shield with Version 8.0.0 Android Software.

For Kodi, I'm running a Matrix nightly posted on 5/28/2020.

I tried the latest version posted at github, however I didn't clear the database, so I'm still getting no Thumbs.

Cheers,
    Ron
    OK. Clearing the Kodi DB will force the software to write all 4 artworks types to the database. I didn't write a check to see if all 4 are in the artwork table and insert anything missing. I can and post it tomorrow, if you want me to but it's a one time check because once you clear the DB it will write out all 4 when it adds new movies to the database. . A quick way to force the software to update a movie without clearing the Kodi DB is to go into a movie in the Mezzmo GUI, open the properties and then change the artwork for the movie and save it. Then browse a playlist with that movie using Kodi and the software will detect a change. You'll see a message like this:

There was a Mezzmo streamdetails or artwork change detected: The Invisible Man 2020

in the logs. Then see if the thumbnail appears for that movie.