Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Mezzmo Kodi Addon Update

Images are now loading with the "d" release, thanks for fixing it.

I'll test with Estuary, to confirm the slow loading is with the Rapier skin only.

From what I can tell, it looks like once Mezzmo is cached, it will load fast,
    but after I exit the plugin and open another playlist in Kodi, it will load slow again.

Rapier, like Embuary seems to be resource hungry, so perhaps there is not enough memory left.

Cheers,
    Ron

When you experience a slow playlist open the kodi.log file and look for any messages which look like this:

2020-05-30 20:14:04.277 T:45308 NOTICE: There was a Mezzmo streamdetails or artwork change detected: The Invisible Man 2020
    2020-05-30 20:11:43.445 T:39956 NOTICE: There was a Mezzmo metadata change detected: The Invisible Man 2020

If you see some of these then the slowness may be the addon updating the database, which writes to the database are slow. If this is happening we'll need to determine why. Enabling debug will log all of the variables which are compared to detect a change. Also if you do see these you can disable change detection and see if they go away and things are faster. Enabling Kodi caching might speed things up somewhat but if you change artwork often then the addon will catch the change but you'll be at the mercy of Kodi's caching algorithms for when you'll see the changes.

Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 05-31-2020 at 10:32 AM.

An updated version of the Mezzmo Kodi addon for both Kodi v18 (v1.0.8.0) and Kodi 19 beta
    v2.0.0.0d) have been posted on GitHub. These versions fix the following item:

• Fixed issue where artwork URL file names might be missing or have duplicate
    file extensions depending upon which platform Kodi is running. This could cause
    missing artwork for some movies. A Kodi DB clear on startup is needed to
    remove any incorrect file names in the Kodi database.

There are separate links for the Kodi 18 and Kodi 19 versions. The Kodi 19 version is based upon the
    latest Kodi 18 v1.0.8.0 code.

Kodi 18 link

Kodi 19 link

Click on the download source as a zip option and then to add it to Kodi by using the install from zip file option..

The slow loading looks like it's a skin issue.

I tested the latest Mezzmo add on with Estuary skin, and it loads fast (1-2 seconds), and the thumbs load correctly now.

I took a quick look in the debugging log, and I see a lot of errors with embuary helper script.
    This would explain the slow loading with Rapier and the Leia version of Embuary skin, as they both use the add on.
    I can't disable it to test, as it's required for the skin to function.

I'll check with Gade (Rapier author) and see if he has any suggestions.

Cheers,
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by RonB View Post
    The slow loading looks like it's a skin issue.

I tested the latest Mezzmo add on with Estuary skin, and it loads fast (1-2 seconds), and the thumbs load correctly now.

I took a quick look in the debugging log, and I see a lot of errors with embuary helper script.
    This would explain the slow loading with Rapier and the Leia version of Embuary skin, as they both use the add on.
    I can't disable it to test, as it's required for the skin to function.

I'll check with Gade (Rapier author) and see if he has any suggestions.

Cheers,
    Ron
    Thanks for the confirmation. I presume you like the new functionality ? Are you running with change checking enabled ?

Jeff

An updated version of the Mezzmo Kodi addon for both Kodi v18 (v1.0.8.1) and Kodi 19 beta
    v2.0.0.0e) have been posted on GitHub. These versions fix the following items:

v1.0.8.1 Kodi 18

• Added check to ensure all artwork entries are in the Kodi database. If not,
    they are added automatically. This resolves issue in v1.0.7.9 where a
    Kodi DB clear was needed to add missing artwork entries.
    • Changed file extension change checking method to use pathnumber vs. parsing file
    extensions. Kodi 18 and 19 versions of the addon are now back in sync.

v2.0.0.0e Kodi 19

• Added check to ensure all artwork entries are in the Kodi database. If not,
    they are added automatically. This resolves issue in v2.0.0.0c where a
    Kodi DB clear was needed to add missing artwork entries.

There are separate links for the Kodi 18 and Kodi 19 versions. The Kodi 19 version is based upon the
    latest Kodi 18 v1.0.8.1 code.

Kodi 18 link

Kodi 19 link

Click on the download source as a zip option and then to add it to Kodi by using the install from zip file option.

I know there have been a lot of rapid fire releases recently. Now that the Kodi 19 issues are resolved,
    logging has been improved / standardized and the two versions are back in feature parity sync the
    release cycle should slow down quite a bit.

Feedback and feature requests are always welcome.

Jeff

I've been looking at the next set of features for the addon and have identified the following potential list.

• Add user ratings to movies found by actor search. Right now just the MPAA rating is displayed.
    • Fix the fanart artwork for movies found by actor search. Currently the same artwork image is written to all 4 artwork types in the Kodi database for each movie.
    • Correct the actor display order for movies in the actor search to match how the are in the Mezzmo database. Currently they are different which can cause the more popular actors to be further down on the display list.

Please provide feedback on your preferences and priorities for any of these or any other enhancements. Note the last two above would require a one time Kodi DB clear function to repopulate the Mezzmo data into the Kodi database.

Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 06-02-2020 at 05:43 AM.

An updated version of the Mezzmo Kodi addon for both Kodi v18 (v1.0.8.2) and Kodi 19 beta
    v2.0.0.0f) have been posted on GitHub. These versions fix the following items and adds features:

v1.0.8.2 Kodi 18

• Fixed bug which would cause some movies not to be displayed during an addon
    Search action due to a UTF-8 encoding issue.
    • Added cast order function to actor search so the actor order in Kodi matches
    the order in Mezzmo. Previously stars would appear in random order in the
    actor search panel.
    • Added fanart to the Kodi database for movies. Previously all 4 artwork types
    had the same image.
    *** The cast and fanart changes require a one time Kodi DB clear to add new data
    elements to the Kodi database. Otherwise they will only be added to new movies
    which are discovered. ***

v2.0.0.0f Kodi 19

• Added cast order function to actor search so the actor order in Kodi matches
    the order in Mezzmo. Previously stars would appear in random order in the
    actor search panel.
    • Added fanart to the Kodi database for movies. Previously all 4 artwork types
    had the same image.
    *** The cast and fanart changes require a one time Kodi DB clear to add new data
    elements to the Kodi database. Otherwise they will only be added to new movies
    which are discovered. ***

latest Kodi 18 v1.0.8.2 code.

Kodi 18 link

Kodi 19 link

Click on the download source as a zip option and then to add it to Kodi by using the install from zip file option.

Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 06-03-2020 at 08:05 AM.

An updated version of the Mezzmo Kodi addon for both Kodi v18 (v1.0.8.3) and Kodi 19 beta
    v2.0.0.0g) have been posted on GitHub. These versions fix the following fix:

v1.0.8.3 Kodi 18

• Changed movie title name matching to case insensitive to avoid duplicate movies
    in the Kodi database.

v2.0.0.0g Kodi 19

•Changed movie title name matching to case insensitive to avoid duplicate movies
    in the Kodi database.

latest Kodi 18 v1.0.8.3 code.

Kodi 18 link

Kodi 19 link

Jeff

An updated version of the Mezzmo Kodi addon for both Kodi v18 (v1.0.8.4) and Kodi 19 beta
    v2.0.0.0h) have been posted on GitHub. These versions contain the following enhancements
    and fixes::

v1.0.8.4 Kodi 18

• Significant database speed improvement (>75%) by reducing the number of times
    the addon opens and closes the Kodi database.
    • Added user ratings from Mezzmo to movie search panel.
    • Fixed logging error which could cause a playlist not to load completely if Kodi
    was in debug mode and a playlist item was missing the icon variable from Mezzmo.

v2.0.0.0h Kodi 19

• Significant database speed improvement (>75%) by reducing the number of times
    the addon opens and closes the Kodi database.
    • Added user ratings from Mezzmo to movie search panel.
    • Fixed logging error which could cause a playlist not to load completely if Kodi
    was in debug mode and a playlist item was missing the icon variable from Mezzmo.

latest Kodi 18 v1.0.8.4 code.

Kodi 18 link

Kodi 19 link

At this point there are no feature enhancements or bug fixes in the development queue. The Kodi 19 beta code
    is likely the release code unless there is another bug found or something changes in the Kodi API as it goes to
    a general release.

Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 06-08-2020 at 05:59 PM.