Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Mezzmo Kodi Addon Update

Quote Originally Posted by MrQNet View Post
    Problem with latest version. Not seeing video files in my main folder. The directory contains both folders of TV series and some independent movie files. The entries in the sub folders all appear ok but the entries in the main folder are missing. I looked at this folder in the regular Kodi view and all the standalone movie files appear correctly so it's something to do with the add-on 2.1.5.9. The previous version was working fine. I have tried rebooting Kodi from scratch and checked the listings in the Mezzmo desktop app all appear normal.

Tried redownloading the add-on etc no change

Ian

Ian,

That is really odd and I've had no other reports. The code changes made in 2.1.5.9 should have nothing to do with displaying content that I can think of. The only change was to server discovery. Are you running more than one Mezzmo server ? Does your server discovery screen look like this ? If not, any chance I can get a screenshot ?

Here's a link to download the prior version, 2.1.5.8 .

Jeff

Thanks Jeff but 2.1.5.8 still does not work so there must be something with my particular setup.

I rebooted my pc thinking that my grandchildren had logged in under their account and started a new service but after rebooting the problem persists.

The discovery screen does look like your attachment.

I will try another Shield/TV combination and see if this version is ok there. If it also fails then it's on the Mezzmo side I guess.

Ian

Tried 2.1.5.9 on another Shield (2015)/TV combination and it also failed, any more suggestions? Perhaps a remove and reinstall is in order?

Ian

Thanks Jeff but 2.1.5.8 still does not work so there must be something with my particular setup.

I rebooted my pc thinking that my grandchildren had logged in under their account and started a new service but after rebooting the problem persists.

The discovery screen does look like your attachment.

I will try another Shield/TV combination and see if this version is ok there. If it also fails then it's on the Mezzmo side I guess.

Ian
    Ok. Keep me posted if it works properly on the Shield/TV combination. Is the addon only loaded on the master profile or in other profiles too ? A worst case option is to delete the addon and the settings, then reinstall the addon.

Jeff

Tried 2.1.5.9 on another Shield (2015)/TV combination and it also failed, any more suggestions? Perhaps a remove and reinstall is in order?

Ian
    I'd try stopping and restarting your Mezzmo server, then try uninstall / reinstall on one client, then a debug log may be needed.

Jeff

Ian
    Ian,

In thinking about this further, if it is impacting a single folder and the subfolders are working and this is across multiple clients, then it is possible something in the Mezzmo folder that is failing and causing an Exception. If you try to access the folder then look in the logs for an Exception error and post it here. If there is an Exception error it would likely be related to something recently added to your Mezzmo library or a Kodi database issue. You can try clearing the Mezzmo data in your Kodi database in the settings. You can also try version 2.1.5.4 of the code here which is prior to some edits I added for native mode support.

Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 07-06-2022 at 10:02 AM.

Tried both and still fails. Ran VLC and connected to Mezzmo and the items appear no problem.

How do I invoke the debug etc

Tried both and still fails. Ran VLC and connected to Mezzmo and the items appear no problem.

How do I invoke the debug etc
    Ian,

First I would do this debugging on your PC system. To put Kodi in debug mode you go to: System-->Settings-->System-->Logging then enable the following:

Enable Debug Logging
    Enable Component Specific Logging

In the Specify component-specific logging enable:

Verbose logging for the Database component

Once these are enabled stop Kodi, restart Kodi and then go to the folder/playlist where it is failing to display items to reproduce the issue and capture in debugging.

Next I will need a copy of the Kodi.log file. I'll send you a private message with my E-mail address to send it to.

The Kodi.log file can be found at:

c:\users\yourlogin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\

After you have sent me this Kodi.log file you can disable debugging above.

Once I have this it should be pretty easy to see what is happening.

Thanks,

Jeff

Ian,

Hopefully you won't have any issues getting the debug log. I did some more looking at the code and was able to create a similar problem to what you are seeing by manually improperly formatting the time / duration information from Mezzmo on a video. I noticed that full error checking isn't in place in the addon since Mezmo typically populates that information when a new video is added to the Mezzmo database. I have a fix for this and can provide a test version of code but I'd prefer to get a debug log to ensure this is the issue you are seeing..

Thanks,

Jeff

Thanks Jeff,

Kodi is actually running on my Shield with Mezzmo on my PC.

What I will try first is removing the movie items (there are only 11 items) and then adding one by one to see if or any fail to appear in the listing from Mezzmo.

Ian