Quote Originally Posted by RonB View Post
Hi Jeff,

I got a few questions about Nexus if I may.

Is it possible to migrate from 19 to 20, or do we need to start over?

Have you noticed any performance improvement over 19?

I'm just wondering if it's worth it to upgrade or not.

Thanks!
It is possible to upgrade from 19 to 20. In fact I tested upgrading from 18 to 20. I would hold off quite a bit until Nexus is production and not in alpha code. The upgrade from 19 to 20 will be less eventful than 18 to 19, which changed the version of Python from 2 to 3. However, there are likely some addons which will break when going to 20. I found 2 older calls in code I was using in 19 which are no longer supported in 20, which prompted the Mezzmo Kodi addon bump to 2.1.6.3. One thing to note is that the things that may break when going from 19 to 20 may not be readily apparent and might only be seen in the logs.

I will be doing some performance testing between 19 and 20. So far I am testing with the Windows builds and am seeing about a 10% improvement when browsing the Mezzmo library. There's a new method Kodi has for displaying items in the GUI, which is supposed to speed up performance even more. That's going to require a bit of code changes and will likely appear in a future release of the addon. I'll update as that testing proceeds.

Thanks,

Jeff