Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Mezzmo Kodi Addon Update

For the next release of the addon I am looking to improve the bookmark feature a bit. One item is clearing the bookmark when a file plays to the end if it was previously stopped. Currently it will retain the stopped bookmark and not clear it if you resume playing and allow the file to play to the end. Another item I am looking at is the bookmark timing. Right now it appears Kodi provides the played position which is 15 seconds behind where a video is really playing. I've seen this on both Kodi 18 and Kodi 19. So for instance if you stop playing a file at 24:30 the bookmark gets set for 24:15. I would like some feedback here as to what folks would like, if anything. The going back 15 seconds really isn't bad and can be useful in some situations.

The options I am thinking about are:

1. Do nothing and leave it 15 seconds behind like it is now
    2. Hard code it 15 seconds ahead so that the bookmark matches the real time you stop a movie
    3. Add an addon setting which allows you to adjust the delay time like 0 - 30 seconds

I am curious to what folks think is the best.

Thanks,

Jeff

Always like options, so #3 the ability to adjust the delay would be my choice.

Quote Originally Posted by freebird614 View Post
    Always like options, so #3 the ability to adjust the delay would be my choice.
    Thanks for the feedback. I concur. I've already coded a setting which is a slider that will allow you to adjust the bookmark delay from 0 to 30 seconds. I also added a feature where the bookmarks are set once a minute while a video is playing. Thus when you are sharing bookmarks across clients you can see where another client is at watching a specific video or it will handle ensuring you are no more than 60 seconds behind in case of a Kodi crash, power outage on the client, loss of connectivity or similar. I'll post the new update either tomorrow or over the weekend.

Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 02-26-2021 at 06:17 AM.

An updated version of the Mezzmo Kodi addon for both Kodi v18 (v1.1.1.7) and
    Kodi v19 (v2.1.1.7) have been posted on GitHub. These versions contain some bug
    fixes and enhancements all related to the handling of bookmarks. Kodi always had
    a behavior where the bookmark would always be 15 seconds earlier than when you
    stopped playback. This is now user adjustable. This version also now sets the
    bookmark periodically while a video is playing to handle loss of connectivity, Kodi
    crashes etc..

Here's the list of enhancements and bug fixes:

v1.1.1.7 Kodi 18

• Fixed bookmarks not being reset when end of file playback reached.
    • Added bookmark delay adjustment to allow starting up to 30 seconds
    behind from when playback was stopped.
    • Added saving bookmark to Mezzmo once a minute during playback

v2.1.1.7 Kodi 19

• Fixed bookmarks not being reset when end of file playback reached.
    • Added bookmark delay adjustment to allow starting up to 30 seconds
    behind from when playback was stopped.
    • Added saving bookmark to Mezzmo once a minute during playback

There are separate links for the Kodi 18 and Kodi 19 versions. The Kodi 19 version is based upon the
    latest Kodi 18 v1.1.1.7 code.

Kodi 18 link

Kodi 19 link

Click on the download source as a zip option and then to add it to Kodi by using the install from zip file option.

Feedback and feature requests are always welcome. I would like to understand how many of you use the
    addon to play music from Mezzmo ? This could help guide future feature development.

Jeff

I am having a bit of an issue with Kodi 19 and the addon. It appears that the addon does not show all my files. I have a folder called #Movies that shows the file folders of TV Series within that folder but does not show individual movies within that folder. Going thru the regular Kodi File Manager and adding Mezzmo as a UPNP source and accessing my media shows all media, but accessing my media thru the addon gives me the problem. Looking at that folder thru the Mezzmo app on my Windows 10 w/s shows the files correctly also.

Is there a setting that I am missing, it seems to have appeared after the Kodi 19 update, the ver 18 addon worked perfectly.

Thanks
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by MrQNet View Post
    I am having a bit of an issue with Kodi 19 and the addon. It appears that the addon does not show all my files. I have a folder called #Movies that shows the file folders of TV Series within that folder but does not show individual movies within that folder. Going thru the regular Kodi File Manager and adding Mezzmo as a UPNP source and accessing my media shows all media, but accessing my media thru the addon gives me the problem. Looking at that folder thru the Mezzmo app on my Windows 10 w/s shows the files correctly also.

Is there a setting that I am missing, it seems to have appeared after the Kodi 19 update, the ver 18 addon worked perfectly.

Thanks
    Ian
    I am not aware of any issues. This is the first one reported so far. I'll need you to stop / restart Kodi, then go to the folder which is having issues and try to access it. Then send me the Kodi.log file so I can see what is happening. I'll send you a private message with my E-mail address. Is this the only folder having issues displaying content ? I suspect the # sign may be causing a utf-8 issue. utf-8 is handled differently between Kodi 18 and Kodi 19. I thought I got all of the differences taken care of.

Thanks,

Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 03-07-2021 at 10:10 AM.

An updated version of the Mezzmo Kodi addon for both Kodi v18 (v1.1.1.8) and
    Kodi v19 (v2.1.1.8) have been posted on GitHub. These versions contain some bug
    fixes and enhancements. I highly recommend Kodi 19 users update immediately
    to v2.1.1.8.
    The Kodi team slipped in a database numbering change when they
    moved from beta to production.

Here's the list of enhancements and bug fixes:

v1.1.1.8 Kodi 18

• Adjusted bookmark sync timer from 1 minute to every 30 seconds
    • Removed unused code introduced in v1.1.1.6 .

v2.1.1.8 Kodi 19

• Removed remaining UTF-8 calls which could impact displaying some
    movie titles with nonASCII characters.
    Incremented database to 119 to match Kodi production release
    • Adjusted bookmark sync timer from 1 minute to every 30 seconds
    • Added help comments to addon settings. Note this new Kodi 19
    feature is currently only supported by the Estuary skin.
    Eventually other skins will add support for help comments.

There are separate links for the Kodi 18 and Kodi 19 versions. The Kodi 19 version is based upon the
    latest Kodi 18 v1.1.1.8 code.

Kodi 18 link

Kodi 19 link

Click on the download source as a zip option and then to add it to Kodi by using the install from zip file option.

Feedback and feature requests are always welcome. I would like to understand how many of you use the
    addon to play music from Mezzmo ? This could help guide future feature development.

Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 03-07-2021 at 11:01 PM.

Thanks
    Ian
    I couldn't reproduce what you are seeing but I found 3 remaining UTF-8 calls in the Kodi 19 version of the addon. I've removed them in version 2.1.1.8. Please try this version and let me know if it resolves the issue you are seeing.

Thanks,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Installed the new version and YES it solves my issue, thank you very much for looking into this.

Ian

Hi Jeff,

Installed the new version and YES it solves my issue, thank you very much for looking into this.

Ian
    Thank you for the feedback. Much appreciated. Out of curiosity, did you ever run any of the Kodi beta versions or did you go straight from Kodi 18 to Kodi 19 ? If you never ran any of the beta versions then the cause was most likely the database increment the Kodi team changed.

Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 03-08-2021 at 06:51 AM.