Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Mezzmo Kodi Addon Update

Getting a Mezzmo error 2.1.4.4d when launching the add-on. I can configure no problem, and it installs without error, but when launching from 'Videos' I get the error message and cannot see a list of files

2022-01-29 13:44:18.917 T:30356 INFO <general>: Mezzmo background service started.
    2022-01-29 13:44:26.943 T:30356 INFO <general>: Mezzmo no servers selected yet. Cache update process skipped.
    2022-01-29 13:44:27.963 T:30356 INFO <general>: Mezzmo no servers selected yet. Mezzmo sync skipped.
    2022-01-29 13:44:30.134 T:31108 INFO <general>: Loading skin file: DialogAddonSettings.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
    2022-01-29 13:45:21.159 T:31108 WARNING <general>: CGUIWindowManager - CGUIWindowManager::HandleAction - ignoring action 107, because topmost modal dialog closing animation is running
    2022-01-29 13:45:24.197 T:31108 INFO <general>: Loading skin file: MyVideoNav.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
    2022-01-29 13:45:24.257 T:17724 INFO <general>: initializing python engine.
    2022-01-29 13:45:24.465 T:17724 ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
    Error Type: <class 'SyntaxError'>
    Error Contents: invalid syntax (generic.py, line 280)
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Users\TEST\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin. video.mezzmo\default.py", line 10, in <module>
    import mezzmo
    File "C:\Users\TEST\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin. video.mezzmo\resources\lib\mezzmo.py", line 23, in <module>
    from generic import ghandleBrowse, gBrowse
    File "C:\Users\TEST\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin. video.mezzmo\resources\lib\generic.py", line 280
    elif int(duration_text[len(duration_text)-3:len(duration_text)]) <> 0:
    ^
    SyntaxError: invalid syntax
    -->End of Python script error report<--

2022-01-29 13:45:24.497 T:17724 INFO <general>: Python interpreter stopped
    2022-01-29 13:45:24.505 T:4808 ERROR <general>: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.mezzmo/
    2022-01-29 13:45:24.512 T:31108 ERROR <general>: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.mezzmo/) failed

Hope this error log helps. This is from a Kodi Windows 10 install, but I see the same behavior on my Shields.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by MrQNet View Post
    Getting a Mezzmo error 2.1.4.4d when launching the add-on. I can configure no problem, and it installs without error, but when launching from 'Videos' I get the error message and cannot see a list of files

2022-01-29 13:44:18.917 T:30356 INFO <general>: Mezzmo background service started.
    2022-01-29 13:44:26.943 T:30356 INFO <general>: Mezzmo no servers selected yet. Cache update process skipped.
    2022-01-29 13:44:27.963 T:30356 INFO <general>: Mezzmo no servers selected yet. Mezzmo sync skipped.
    2022-01-29 13:44:30.134 T:31108 INFO <general>: Loading skin file: DialogAddonSettings.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
    2022-01-29 13:45:21.159 T:31108 WARNING <general>: CGUIWindowManager - CGUIWindowManager::HandleAction - ignoring action 107, because topmost modal dialog closing animation is running
    2022-01-29 13:45:24.197 T:31108 INFO <general>: Loading skin file: MyVideoNav.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
    2022-01-29 13:45:24.257 T:17724 INFO <general>: initializing python engine.
    2022-01-29 13:45:24.465 T:17724 ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
    Error Type: <class 'SyntaxError'>
    Error Contents: invalid syntax (generic.py, line 280)
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Users\TEST\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin. video.mezzmo\default.py", line 10, in <module>
    import mezzmo
    File "C:\Users\TEST\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin. video.mezzmo\resources\lib\mezzmo.py", line 23, in <module>
    from generic import ghandleBrowse, gBrowse
    File "C:\Users\TEST\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin. video.mezzmo\resources\lib\generic.py", line 280
    elif int(duration_text[len(duration_text)-3:len(duration_text)]) <> 0:
    ^
    SyntaxError: invalid syntax
    -->End of Python script error report<--

2022-01-29 13:45:24.497 T:17724 INFO <general>: Python interpreter stopped
    2022-01-29 13:45:24.505 T:4808 ERROR <general>: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.mezzmo/
    2022-01-29 13:45:24.512 T:31108 ERROR <general>: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.mezzmo/) failed

Hope this error log helps. This is from a Kodi Windows 10 install, but I see the same behavior on my Shields.

Ian
    Sorry about that. I made a mistake when I uploaded that test version and left a Python 2 call "<>" in the code. I found it and posted 2.1.4.4e a few hours later but you must have downloaded this before I fixed it. I just uploaded 2.1.4.4f which now has native uPNP support for some really old uPNP servers like Tversity and such. If you find any uPNP servers not on this list, please let me know how they work:

Mezzmo
    Windows 10
    Kodi 19
    SiliconDust
    PlayOn
    Tversity

Thanks,

Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 01-30-2022 at 10:06 AM.

I've uploaded a new test release, version 2.1.4.4g, of the Mezzmo multi-server addon. What's new in this version is the auto detection of the Kodi uPNP settings, if you select an old uPNP server that requires native support. The addon will now detect that the server requires this Kodi feature, will check Kodi to see if it is enabled (it is off by default) and will provide a dialog box to allow you to easily enable it vs. going to the Kodi Services tab in Settings. This will make it more user friendly.

Jeff

A new version of the Mezzmo Kodi addon multi-server test software has been posted. This version, 2.1.4.4h, has a number of enhancements and fixes:

• Improved media type detection for non-Mezzmo uPNP servers
    • Fixed photo / image viewing not working due to a past Kodi change.
    • Added slideshow viewer with adjustable pause between photos for image viewing
    • Fixed exception error in the pause autostop feature when Kodi was unable to play a file

The photo / image slideshow feature is new. Right now there are no controls (i.e. pause,
    stop etc..). The pause between images can be adjusted in the addon view settings.

A Kodi 18 and below version of this test addon code is available, if anyone would like.
    Once this code has had a sufficient amount of testing, it will be rolled into the official
    2.1.4.4 code.

List of tested uPNP servers:

Server Features
    Mezzmo Video, Audio, Images * Full Mezzmo integration
    Windows 10 Video, Audio, Images
    Kodi 19 Video, Audio
    SiliconDust Video
    PlayOn Video
    Tversity Video, Audio * Over native uPNP
    Plex Video, Audio, Image
    Synology NAS Video, Audio, Image

Mezzmo, by far, has the richest set of metadata, tightest integration and full
    database sync support. The others are limited to what they support over uPNP.

Thanks,

Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 02-15-2022 at 08:45 AM.

An updater version of the Mezzmo Kodi addon multi-server test software has been posted. This version, 2.1.4.4i,
    adds controls to the picture slideshow feature. It has three controls: Pause, Resume/Play and Stop.
    Right now it doesn't look like the Kodi picture player supports the next and previous functions. I am
    looking for workarounds.

Jeff

An updated version of the Mezzmo Kodi addon multi-server test software has been posted. This version, 2.1.4.4j,
    adds manual viewing of pictures with normal and extended presentation times.

Here's the complete list of features and updates for this version:

• Added a GUI notification when browsing a playlist and the server returns
      no results due to it being empty on the server.
    • Restored picture viewing due to Kodi removing some functionality recently.
      The new feature allows for viewing pictures in a slideshow or individually
      with a normal or extended presentation time. A View Setting was added to
      allow adjusting the slideshow and picture presentation times. The
      slideshow has 3 controls: Pause, Play / Resume, and Stop.
    • Added / restored support for non-Mezzmo uPNP servers. The addon will now
      now detect the model of the uPNP server it is connecting to and will
      adjust capabilities to what the uPNP server will support. Mezzmo advanced
      functionality like sync, bookmark / playcount sharing and more will only
      work with Mezzmo servers.
    • Added GUI progress notification during uPNP server discovery so you can
      now see what is happening.
    • Added setting for sync server selection. This will allow syncing to your
      Mezzmo server while browsing another uPNP server or another Mezzmo server.
      If there is only one Mezzmo server found the addon will automatically make
      it the sync server. Syncing to multiple Mezzmo servers isn't supported at
      this time.

A Kodi 18 test version of the addon is available upon request. This version will become the
    official 2.1.4.4 release unless a bug is found.

Thanks,

Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 02-07-2022 at 05:29 AM.

An updated version of the Mezzmo Kodi addon for both Kodi v18 (v1.1.4.4) and
    Kodi v19+ (v2.1.4.4) have been posted on GitHub. These versions contain a number
    of major enhancements including:

Major Features

• Automatic software updates of the addon going forward or manual updates via
      the Kodi GUI with the ability to select a version, including rollback to a prior version.
    • Enhanced uPNP and multi-server support to allow browsing of one server while
      retaining Mezzmo sync in the background. Now your Mezzmo addon can be your
      single uPNP Kodi addon.
    • Significant enhancements viewing pictures including a new slideshow viewer with
      adjustable display time and the ability to display pictures via the addon within
      Kodi no matter where it is launched from Pictures, Video or Music.

The complete set of features and fixes can be found in the readme.txt files
    in the addons.

There are separate links for the Kodi 18 and Kodi 19 versions. The Kodi 19 version is based upon the
    latest Kodi 18 v1.1.4.4 code.

Kodi 18 link

Kodi 19+ link

Click on the download source as a zip option and then to add it to Kodi by using the install from zip file option.
    Again, going forward future versions will be automatic within Kodi itself so downloads should only be needed
    for new installations or Kodi client rebuilds.

Feedback and feature requests are always welcome. I would like to understand how many of you use the
    addon to play music from Mezzmo ? This could help guide future feature development.

Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 02-16-2022 at 08:11 PM.

An updated version of the Mezzmo Kodi addon for both Kodi v18 (v1.1.4.6) and
    Kodi v19+ (v2.1.4.6) have been posted on GitHub. These versions contain an
    enhancement for the slideshow viewer feature.

New Feature

• Added context menu item for all pictures to be able to launch Mezzmo addon
      slideshow viewer.

If you have version 1.1.4.4 or 2.1.4.4 installed the update will be automatic otherwise
    please use the links below for manual installation.

There are separate links for the Kodi 18 and Kodi 19 versions. The Kodi 19 version is based upon the
    latest Kodi 18 v1.1.4.6 code.

Kodi 18 link

Kodi 19+ link

Click on the download source as a zip option and then to add it to Kodi by using the install from zip file option.
    Again, going forward future versions will be automatic within Kodi itself so downloads should only be needed

Feedback and feature requests are always welcome. I would like to understand how many of you use the
    addon to play music from Mezzmo ? This could help guide future feature development.

Thanks,

Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 02-19-2022 at 08:30 PM.

An updated version of the Mezzmo Kodi addon for both Kodi v18 (v1.1.5.0) and
    Kodi v19+ (v2.1.5.0) have been posted on GitHub. These versions contain some
    generic uPNP enhancements and a bug fix.

New Features and fixes

• Added initial support for Kodi v20 Nexus
    • Additional code cleanup and optimization for the Logs & Stats reporting.
    • Improved metadata for uPNP servers including actors, directors, genre, MPAA rating,
      playcount, user rating, tagline and artwork.
    • Fixed bug where Kodi database manual clearing would fail if uPNP servers
      were displayed.

If you have version 1.1.4.4 or 2.1.4.4 installed (or higher), the update will be
    automatic. Otherwise please use the links below for manual installation.

** Note: versions 1.1.4.8, 1.14.9, 2.1.4.8 and 2.1.4.9 were pulled due to minor bugs they introduced.

latest Kodi 18 v1.1.5.0 code.

Kodi 18 link

Kodi 19+ link

Thanks,

Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 02-27-2022 at 10:10 PM.

I am looking for some input on whether a feature that would allow you to export tables from the Kodi database to a CSV file would be of use to folks ? I don't see an existing addon which does this (but I could have missed it). I am thinking of adding this capability to the Mezzmo addon as a setting, which means you don't have to be running a uPNP server or similar. You would simply go into the setting, click on the database export option, select which table you want to export and it would output a CSV file for that table (i.e. movie, episode, tvshow, actor etc..). It would do an entire table export with headers so it would be independent of the source which populated the table.

I've already written the csv export routine. I would just need to write the menus to allow selection of the table and add some error handling. This would mean no more using SQL Lite tools and similar just to get a snapshot of a table. If there is interest I can have something ready in a few days.

Jeff