Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Mezzmo Kodi Addon Update

An updated version of the Mezzmo Kodi addon for both Kodi v18 (v1.0.8.5) and Kodi 19 beta
    v2.0.0.0i) have been posted on GitHub. These versions contain the following enhancement:

v1.0.8.5 Kodi 18

• Additional significant database improvements when adding playlists to the Kodi
    database. Moved from a database commit per item to a commit per playlist fetch
    from Mezzmo.

v2.0.0.0i Kodi 19

• Additional significant database improvements when adding playlists to the Kodi
    database. Moved from a database commit per item to a commit per playlist fetch
    from Mezzmo.

There are separate links for the Kodi 18 and Kodi 19 versions. The Kodi 19 version is based upon the
    latest Kodi 18 v1.0.8.5 code.

Kodi 18 link

Kodi 19 link

Click on the download source as a zip option and then to add it to Kodi by using the install from zip file option.

I would highly recommend moving to these releases of code due to the performance improvements. For
    example moving from 1.0.8.3 to 1.0.8.5 I saw a speed improvement inserting a 150 item playlist into Kodi
    from 15 seconds to .3 seconds. Browsing the same playlist after it was inserted into Kodi the went from
    3.8 seconds to .3 seconds. These are significant speed improvements.

Feedback and feature requests are always welcome.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by RonB View Post
    The slow loading looks like it's a skin issue.

I tested the latest Mezzmo add on with Estuary skin, and it loads fast (1-2 seconds), and the thumbs load correctly now.

I took a quick look in the debugging log, and I see a lot of errors with embuary helper script.
    This would explain the slow loading with Rapier and the Leia version of Embuary skin, as they both use the add on.
    I can't disable it to test, as it's required for the skin to function.

I'll check with Gade (Rapier author) and see if he has any suggestions.

Cheers,
    Ron
    Ron,

You might want to try the latest Kodi 19 release 2.0.0.0i . It is significantly faster, especially loading new items into the database. If you want to see, do a Kodi DB clear and then watch how fast it loads now as you browse Mezzmo.

Jeff

Jeff,

Tried the latest, it's faster once the add on loads (around 13-15 seconds).
    Once it's loaded, it's about 3 seconds to load a list.

I also tested it with a lighter skin (Estuary), and it also takes 13-15 seconds on the initial load,
    but is much faster 1-2 seconds to load a list.

I was a little concerned to do a database clear, but it didn't effect my Kodi database this time. Thanks for fixing it.

One thing I noticed, is after the add on is exited, loading a Kodi list takes about 5 seconds to load, after that
    no lag loading any Kodi lists. It's as if the Kodi cache is being dumped while loading Mezzmo.

I don't think the slow loading is caused by my hardware, as both my PC and Nvidia shield are running SSD drives,
    and as I mentioned earlier, when loading Mezzmo as a UPnP device, it loads instantly.

Thanks again for the effort,
    Ron
    Mezzmo 6.0.7.0 - Mezzmo Kodi Matrix Plugin 2.1.7.7.
    Nvidia Shield 2017
    Windows 10 - Intel 6 core i5 - 24GB Ram - 129TB Storage

Ron,

Thanks for the feedback. If you want me to see why it is taking so long to load initially you can enable debug, clear the Kodi DB, start the addon, load a playlist you want to test, exit the playlist a level then reload it (or you can also just do a refresh to reload the playlist). Then let me know and I'll get the Kodi logfile from you. It will tell me where the slowness is.

Out of curiosity how big is the playlist you are loading ? One of the things I am seeing in Kodi 19 is that the new urllib libraries in the newer version of Python is causing chunked responses from the Mezzmo server which slows down data coming from the Mezzmo server to the addon. For instance I can grab an entire 150 item playlist from Mezzmo in a single request with Kodi 18. In Kodi 19 it comes down in 5 chunks. I am still researching how to fix this.

Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 06-12-2020 at 10:31 AM.

An updated version of the Mezzmo Kodi addon for both Kodi v18 (v1.0.8.6) and Kodi 19 beta
    v2.0.0.0j) have been posted on GitHub. These versions contain the following fix:

v1.0.8.6 Kodi 18

• Fixed issue where playlists wouldn't load completely if there was an invalid file
    in Mezzmo. Invalid files will now be skipped and not displayed in Kodi nor will
    they be inserted into the Kodi database. A popup dialog will alert on invalid files.

v2.0.0.0j Kodi 19

• Fixed issue where playlists wouldn't load completely if there was an invalid file
    in Mezzmo. Invalid files will now be skipped and not displayed in Kodi nor will
    they be inserted into the Kodi database. A popup dialog will alert on invalid files.

There are separate links for the Kodi 18 and Kodi 19 versions. The Kodi 19 version is based upon the
    latest Kodi 18 v1.0.8.6 code.

Kodi 18 link

Kodi 19 link

Click on the download source as a zip option and then to add it to Kodi by using the install from zip file option.

Jeff

An updated version of the Mezzmo Kodi addon for both Kodi v18 (v1.0.8.7) and Kodi 19 beta
    v2.0.0.0k) have been posted on GitHub. These versions contain the following enhancement:

v1.0.8.7 Kodi 18

• Added studio information from Mezzmo to Kodi database and movie information panel.

v2.0.0.0k Kodi 19

• Added studio information from Mezzmo to Kodi database and movie information panel.

latest Kodi 18 v1.0.8.7 code.

Kodi 18 link

Kodi 19 link

Jeff

An updated version of the Mezzmo Kodi addon for both Kodi v18 (v1.0.8.8) and Kodi 19 beta
    v2.0.0.0l) have been posted on GitHub. These versions contain the following enhancement:

v1.0.8.8 Kodi 18

• Added Mezzmo sort title support into the Kodi database. Now actor searches will
    honor the sort titles. No database clear is required. Sort titles will be added
    as you browse playlists.

*** Note Mezzmo version 6.0.5.0o is required to leverage this function ***
    You will need to E-mail support@conceiva.com to request the patch.

v2.0.0.0l Kodi 19

• Added Mezzmo sort title support into the Kodi database. Now actor searches will
    honor the sort titles. No database clear is required. Sort titles will be added
    as you browse playlists.

*** Note Mezzmo version 6.0.5.0o is required to leverage this function ***
    You will need to E-mail support@conceiva.com to request the patch.

latest Kodi 18 v1.0.8.8 code.

Kodi 18 link

Kodi 19 link

Jeff

An updated version of the Mezzmo Kodi addon for both Kodi v18 (v1.0.8.9) and Kodi 19 beta
    v2.0.0.0m) have been posted on GitHub. These versions contain the following enhancement:

v1.0.8.9 Kodi 18

• Added TV series name display when browsing TV show episode details.

v2.0.0.0m Kodi 19

• Added TV series name display when browsing TV show episode details.

latest Kodi 18 v1.0.8.9 code.

Kodi 18 link

Kodi 19 link

Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 07-15-2020 at 04:47 AM.

An updated version of the Mezzmo Kodi addon for both Kodi v18 (v1.0.9.0) and Kodi 19 beta
    v2.0.0.0n) have been posted on GitHub. These versions contain a number of database changes
    to allow the addon to coexist better with other Kodi addons. I highly recommend you backup
    your Kodi database file prior to upgrading, if you use other Kodi addons or locally scrape files
    to the database.

Here's the list of enhancements and bug fixes:

v1.0.9.0 Kodi 18

• Improved database queries to support other Kodi addons populating
    the Kodi database with movies having the exact same names as
    Mezzmo movies. The addon will now only query and update Mezzmo
    generated movies and media files in the Kodi database.
    • Fixed issue introduced in v1.0.7.8 where not all Mezzmo records
    were being deleted with a Kodi ClearDB on some Linux clients which
    populate the path table with a mix of IP address and DNS based entries
    or if the Mezzmo server IP addressed changed.
    • Fixed issue with 1.0.8.9 where the TV Show name is now only added
    when browsing TV shows. This resolves issue with some movies
    showing unknown titles in the Info/Details panel.
    • Updated actor and artwork change updates to differentiate between
    movies and TV show episodes. This is the first step in handling
    TV show episodes better in future addon versions.
    • Automatically re-enable image caching after cache clear to improve
    performance and reduce Mezzmo server overhead.

v2.0.0.0n Kodi 19

• Improved database queries to support other Kodi addons populating
    the Kodi database with movies having the exact same names as
    Mezzmo movies. The addon will now only query and update Mezzmo
    generated movies and media files in the Kodi database.
    • Fixed issue introduced in v2.0.0.0b where not all Mezzmo records
    were being deleted with a Kodi ClearDB on some Linux clients which
    populate the path table with a mix of IP address and DNS based entries
    or if the Mezzmo server IP addressed changed.
    • Fixed issue with v2.0.0.0m where the TV Show name is now only added
    when browsing TV shows. This resolves issue with some movies
    showing unknown titles in the Info/Details panel.
    • Updated actor and artwork change updates to differentiate between
    movies and TV show episodes. This is the first step in handling
    TV show episodes better in future addon versions.
    • Automatically re-enable image caching after cache clear to improve
    performance and reduce Mezzmo server overhead.

latest Kodi 18 v1.0.9.0 code.

Kodi 18 link

Kodi 19 link

Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 07-24-2020 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RonB View Post
    Jeff,

Tried the latest, it's faster once the add on loads (around 13-15 seconds).
    Once it's loaded, it's about 3 seconds to load a list.

I also tested it with a lighter skin (Estuary), and it also takes 13-15 seconds on the initial load,
    but is much faster 1-2 seconds to load a list.

I was a little concerned to do a database clear, but it didn't effect my Kodi database this time. Thanks for fixing it.

One thing I noticed, is after the add on is exited, loading a Kodi list takes about 5 seconds to load, after that
    no lag loading any Kodi lists. It's as if the Kodi cache is being dumped while loading Mezzmo.

I don't think the slow loading is caused by my hardware, as both my PC and Nvidia shield are running SSD drives,
    and as I mentioned earlier, when loading Mezzmo as a UPnP device, it loads instantly.

Thanks again for the effort,
    Ron
    Ron,

With the latest 1.0.9.0 release if caching gets disabled it will automatically re-enable after clearing the cache. Please let me know if you notice improvements in performance.

Thanks,

Jeff