I have used Mezzmo for many years, but I always seem to be chasing its performance.

As my media library grows so does my disc space, and the whole of my PC data gets reorganised.

I go through periods when performance is great, and periods when it isn't. Current performance is very poor and I'm looking to solve it.

My media library has grown to about 2.75 TB, and my largest drive is 3TB. I have various external drives and Windows is on an SSD with about 100GB of unused space.

I stream to my Sony Bravia TV via wifi. No transcoding that I know of.

After a period of adding lots more media, performance is currently very poor. All videos struggle to run.

I understand lots about IT, but little about Mezzmo, video file formats, and transcoding.

But, because I go through periods of good performance, I guess that my CPU and memory must be OK.
Similarly, I don't treat my wifi as a constraint.

I get the feeling that Mezzmo must use a lot of 'workspace' and that my poor performance is due to my discs being full. Or perhaps transcoding is the answer?

Could you please advise as follows:

1. I could buy a 6TB drive and transcode everything onto it. How much space does transcoding use, and would this be likely to improve matters?
2. I could buy a 6TB drive and leave a big chunk of it unused.
3. I could ensure that I have lots of unallocated space on my current discs, which Mezzmo could find and use. Would this improve matters? How much spare space, where? Could it be on the same drive as my Mezzmo library?
4. Could the 100GB on my SSD be put to useful purpose?

Thanks for your interest.