Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone using a Mi Box

Quote Originally Posted by jbinkley60 View Post
    4K HDR support is a problem on most platforms but is coming. OSMC, the OS for Vero 4K+, is testing the Linux 4.9 kernel and should have it soon. Kodi on Windows 10 on Intel NUC has it now due to Microsoft writing the Windows drivers for Intel. Over the next 6-9 months most every platform, except the old ones, will have HDR.
    Yes.. I'm aware of that. That's why I am waiting to build my Pi AndroidTV box.

Yeah - the kodi add on is what I meant - i have it on my media box (albeit an old version - I think I did try and update it and failed - not had another look at it since I might replace the box)

So currently the Vero box doesnt do 4k HDR ?

I'm currently getting 4k HDR when playing back in windows. Im only really worried about having it (and bitstream audio) from movies only my projector is 4k not my TV.

Quote Originally Posted by HomerRamone View Post
    Yeah - the kodi add on is what I meant - i have it on my media box (albeit an old version - I think I did try and update it and failed - not had another look at it since I might replace the box)

So currently the Vero box doesnt do 4k HDR ?

I'm currently getting 4k HDR when playing back in windows. Im only really worried about having it (and bitstream audio) from movies only my projector is 4k not my TV.
    If you try to update the addon and it fails, try rebooting. I've seen some of the Linux versions running Kodi fail to update until your reboot them. I've not been able to determine the cause. It is intermittent but more prevalant on older kernels, from my experience. I've never had a problem updating after a reboot. The current addon version has a lot more functionality than the older versions. If you have problems let me know. I've heard good reviews on the Tivo Android boxes running Kodi. I may pick one up to test with. Aside from not having bitstream audio they have done a great job integrating content from Amazon, Netflix, Hulu etc..

I believe the Vero box can do HDR now with 10 bit HDR coming in the 4.9 kernel which is in testing.
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 06-20-2020 at 01:57 AM.

Crumbled and bought a vero. Working well so far (with latest add on to boot)

Cheers folks

Let me know if you need help. Their tech support is great. I've been running 4 of them for about a year. if you are doing wireless with high bitrate video you may notice issues with IR remotes and repeating key presses. I went to Flirc adapters on all of mine and never looked back. If you are running wired then it shouldn't be an issue. This issue may be fixed by now. It was due to an interrupt problem with the adapter and taking too many cycles.

Using wired for the media and I pulled the remote from my old kodi box out and plugged it into the vero to save reprogramming my harmony remote