Thread: Support for TinyMediaManager TV show structure

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Support for TinyMediaManager TV show structure

Hi,

I am having some trouble making Mezzmo use the files/folders structure created by TinyMediaManager to work. I have attached a screenshot of the folder where the TV show is stored. The main show poster is there twice: poster.jpg and folder.jpg. Each episode has its own screenshot/preview image. And, TV series folder has a unique name (YEAR - SHOW_NAME). And I have attached Mezzmo metadata settings, where it is set to use folder.jpg for preview. But that is not working. For the entire show, Mezzmo uses a preview image from the first episode of the series. How to make it use poster.jpg or folder.jpg or how the poster should be named for Mezzmo to use it? Mezzmo uses the NFO file.

Milan
    Attached Images Attached Images

If you haven't already, you might try taking a look at this link under the section on XBMC nfo files. It has the naming structure needed for NFO episodes.

Jeff

I know that, and for movies it works fine, problem are TV shows that ave multiple episodes using XBMC format where Mezzmo ignores both folder.jpg and poster.jpg files for the TV show. Does anyone know how to properly name TV show for Mezzmo to pick up the TV show poster? And, once again, for episodes for TV show Mezzmo picks correct episode artwork.

I checked and have all of my TV shows with each season in a separate subfolder when I rip them or all episodes in a common series folder when doing OTA recordings. I leverage poster.jpg and fanart.jpg. Mezzmo picks them up for the artwork. I don't use a folder.jpg file. For some seasons I use a series.xml file when the episode names don't exactly match TVDB or there are multiple series with the same name.

It's been awhile since I used Tiny Media manager and NFO files but have you looked into the NFO file to see what artwork directives are being assigned. I believe with the NFO metadata setting enabled Mezzmo will follow the NFO artwork directives over the normal file naming convention. If you want to be sure you might try try removing the NFO file and see what happens with the artwork discovery. That will tell you if it's the NFO file or a file naming issue with Mezzmo

Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 11-14-2020 at 07:32 PM.

I already tried without NFO file, folder/poster doesn't get picked and TV show info is broken (I have disabled getting info from the internet). So, if you managed to make it work, it can be, but something in Mezzmo needs to be set up correctly for it to work, and in my case, I am still missing something.

What do your Playlist/Folders metadata retrieval settings look like ?

Jeff