Thread: Newbie Trial Questions

Default Newbie Trial Questions

I just bought a Samsung UN46C6300 TV and immediately ran into the limitations of the Samsung server software. So far Mezzmo looks like the best alternative but I am puzzled by a few things:

1) The software selected the C profile but a number of files wouldn't play that worked with the Samsung software so a tried a few and for some reason BDP worked the best even though I suspect its not intended for LCD tvs(?)

2) When I'm connected to the Samsung server the client side seems to have a more graphical interface. Is there any way for Mezzmo to use album covers on the TV instead of folders for example?

3) It looks like "everything is a playlist" so you can customize the interface by editing the playlists. Can you do that with the top level menus? Also per 2) can you use something besides folders?

Quote Originally Posted by johnelle View Post
    1) The software selected the C profile but a number of files wouldn't play that worked with the Samsung software so a tried a few and for some reason BDP worked the best even though I suspect its not intended for LCD tvs(?)
    Not sure what profile is used with that TV but likely you need updated profile - email support and give them your TV number. If still does not play all files that DO play with Samsung PCSM just needs some additional parameters added to the profile - so send the the ffmpeg info and they will add.

2) When I'm connected to the Samsung server the client side seems to have a more graphical interface. Is there any way for Mezzmo to use album covers on the TV instead of folders for example?
    Thats something thats being investigated for a future release but so far I've not seen any graphical icons for Samsung blu-ray player interface for folders - maybe the TV interfaces are better.

3) It looks like "everything is a playlist" so you can customize the interface by editing the playlists. Can you do that with the top level menus? Also per 2) can you use something besides folders?
    Best give a more detailed decription of what you want accomplished - some further playlists enhancements are supposed to be in next release (pre-christmas has been indicated I believe).