Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Actor / Actress Image Artwork

Hi Jeff,

Upgrading to 1.0.16 has fixed it, now finding actors in the db, which wasn't happening before. Thanks very much.

Is the TV-API key the same as IMDB-API key or do I have to get that somewhere else?
    Last edited by martyd; 03-21-2024 at 09:03 AM.
    Cheers,
    Marty Davey.

Quote Originally Posted by martyd View Post
    Hi Jeff,

Upgrading to 1.0.16 has fixed it, now finding actors in the db, which wasn't happening before. Thanks very much.

Is the TV-API key the same as IMDB-API key or do I have to get that somewhere else?
    It is the same key.. They just changed company names and the URL. I suspect the IMDB folks got after them for trademark or similar. The only thing I don't like about IMDB images is that they aren't as good of quality as TMDB.

Thanks,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

It's working great with TMDB but IMDB is giving an error every time:

[WinError 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
    Error fetching IMDB image for: Kathleen Heath

I'm assuming my previously used IMDB key is still valid.
    Last edited by martyd; 03-21-2024 at 03:58 PM.
    Cheers,
    Marty Davey.

Hi Jeff,

It's working great with TMDB but IMDB is giving an error every time:

[WinError 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
    Error fetching IMDB image for: Kathleen Heath

I'm assuming my previously used IMDB key is still valid.
    That error indicates you are still pointing to the old URL or you can't reach the new one. If the API key were bad you would get an API key error. This is where I need to add some diagnostic logging and will do so soon.

Take a look at your actor_imdb.py file. You can open it with Notepad. You should see two lines near the top which say:

version = 'version 1.0.16'
    baseurl = 'https://tv-api.com/en/API/SearchName/'

If not, then you don't have the right file and didn't replace it from GitHub. If you do have those lines then open a browser and try going to the tv-api website.

Thanks,

Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 03-21-2024 at 07:49 PM.

Version 1.0.16 of the Mezzmo Artwork Checker has been uploaded to GitHub.
    This version has 2 fixes for an IMDB API URL change and a minor date/time format change.

New Features / Fixes in v1.0.16:

• Changed last time checker ran output to just hh:mm:ss and dropped the partial secs
    • Updated IMDB-API to TV-API URL change (This is a URL only change. Your IMDB API keys
    should continue to function normally)

I've been using this utility for a couple of years now and have fetched over
    16,900 additional images from TMDB / IMDB for actors and actresses.

It is a very easy way to add new artwork to your library without the need to
    rescrape your underling movies and TV episodes. You can even set it up as
    a batch file to run daily.

*** Important Note ***

Upcoming version 1.0.17 and beyond will have some major change. A stand-alone
    movie file NFO creator is being added along with fetching movie artwork. This
    will be released in phases with the first phase being manual entry of the movie
    names, followed by folder level scraping and then eventually scraping new movies
    added to the Mezzmo database. A full logging facility, similar to what exists in the
    Mezzmo Trailer Checker will be added.

If anyone would like to help test the NFO creator you can download it here.

There are a few limitations on this version which will be improved in the future. It
    is limited to US / English, the backdrop / fanart is fixed at 1920x1080 and the poster
    artwork is fixed to 500x750. Future releases will add config file options for setting
    artwork resolution, language etc..

Feedback is welcome.

Thanks,

Jeff

See the Mezzmo Artwork Checker Wiki
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 03-21-2024 at 07:48 PM.

Hi Jeff,

I definitely have 1.0.16 with the correct baseurl. I can access the TV-API website, login to my account which still exists, and my key is still the same. The dashboard shows I have made zero calls. I have re-edited my config.txt and made sure there are no extraneous characters following my key, only Tabs to the comment. No fix. I have re-installed 1.0.16 and copy/pasted my info into the config.txt again, but still no fix. The call to TMDB is working ok. Any more ideas?
    Cheers,
    Marty Davey.

Hi Jeff,

I definitely have 1.0.16 with the correct baseurl. I can access the TV-API website, login to my account which still exists, and my key is still the same. The dashboard shows I have made zero calls. I have re-edited my config.txt and made sure there are no extraneous characters following my key, only Tabs to the comment. No fix. I have re-installed 1.0.16 and copy/pasted my info into the config.txt again, but still no fix. The call to TMDB is working ok. Any more ideas?
    This error is still indicating a network connection failure.

Try opening a command prompt and type in this command:

nslookup tv-api.com

You should see something like this for a result:

Server: asgard2.thebinks.com
    Address: 192.168.0.15

Non-authoritative answer:
    Name: tv-api.com
    Addresses:
    2606:4700:3035::6815:1596
    2606:4700:3030::ac43:c74f

If that works then try entering this command in your browser:

Code:
    https://tv-api.com/en/API/SearchName/your-api-key/Bruce%20Willis
    Just insert your API key above. You should get a bunch of results back for Bruce Willis.

I've spent part of the day adding a logging facility to the Mezzmo Artwork Checker. I am making progress but have a bit more to do.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff,

First part works fine. Second part returns

{"searchType":"Name","expression":"Bruce Willis","results":[],"errorMessage":"Invalid API Key. Upgrade your account to use the service."}

Looks like they are saying I must upgrade to a paid account to use this service, although on my dashboard it says I have a free account with 30 lookups per day.

Edit: I've lodged a ticket with TV-API.

Edit: Reply from TV-API: Hello, unfortunately the free plan was completely removed from the site on July 1, 2023 and it is no longer possible to use the services for free. Sample data for testing is available for download on the API documentation page.

I suppose I'll just have to buy a month and get my db all done in that time. In the meantime I'll get everything I can from TMDB.
    Last edited by martyd; 03-22-2024 at 12:22 PM.
    Cheers,
    Marty Davey.

Jeff,

First part works fine. Second part returns

{"searchType":"Name","expression":"Bruce Willis","results":[],"errorMessage":"Invalid API Key. Upgrade your account to use the service."}

Looks like they are saying I must upgrade to a paid account to use this service, although on my dashboard it says I have a free account with 30 lookups per day.

Edit: I've lodged a ticket with TV-API.
    Ok. Thanks for confirming. I'll need to do some testing to check for invalid API keys. It's possible that what they return may have changed. I am currently looking for the string 'Invalid API Key'. which they are returning.

Jeff

Version 1.0.17 of the Mezzmo Artwork Checker has been uploaded to GitHub. This
    version has 2 major new features for generating NFO files and adding a logging facility.
    Additionally beginning with this release you can also download a release file directly
    from GitHub.

New Features / Fixes in v1.0.17:

• Added major new feature to create NFO files, get movie artwork and generate
    an extras file for cutting / pasting metadata into Mezzmo for data which the
    NFO process doesn't support.
    • Added the ability to automatically download new actor / actress image artwork
    when creating NFO files. If the actor artwork already exists in Mezzmo and
    the Mezzmo artwork Checker, it will be skipped.
    • Added new logging mechanism to a logfile specified in the config file

I've been using this utility for a couple of years now and have fetched over
    16,900 additional images from TMDB / IMDB for actors and actresses.

It is a very easy way to add new artwork to your library without the need to
    rescrape your underling movies and TV episodes. You can even set it up as
    a batch file to run daily.

*** Important Note ***

The is the first release of the new NFO creation tool and corresponding artwork
    downloader. This first release is manual command line driven where you can create
    an NFO file and artwork from the movie title and year, The output is formatted to
    Mezzmo but will work with Kodi.

There are a few limitations in this version which will be improved in the future. It
    is limited to US / English, the backdrop / fanart is fixed at 1920x1080 and the poster
    artwork is fixed to 500x750.

The following features are planned / being considered for upcoming releases:

• Ability to select Mezzmo or Kodi NFO file format output
    • Adjust downloaded artwork sizes via config file
    • Search Mezzmo database for new movie list to generate NFO files
    • Search Mezzmo database by title to generate NFO files
    • Direct update of the Mezzmo database with movie metadata vs.
    generating NFO file
    • Support for other non-TMDB metadata and artwork sources

Feedback is welcome.

Thanks,

Jeff

See the Mezzmo Artwork Checker Wiki