I’ve been playing around with the Roku device profiles a bit, and have had some decent results reducing transcoding and getting Mezzmo to send various devices media they support. Newer Roku devices support Dolby, DTS, etc... up to six channels (5.1) some support Atmos although I can’t get more than 5.1 to stream so far, and they support .MKV (finally), and so on...

The trouble I’m having is testing changes to the device profiles. It seems like when I make changes, stop Mezzmo, and exit the Mezzmo app on the Roku, more often than not it doesn’t take the new setting. Especially if I revert a setting. It drives me batty because I can’t seem to get results I can be confident in every time when I change something.

Is there a cache I should clear somewhere, or something? Transcoding to Roku is almost invariably problematic. I get that for the most part they’re designed to be web streamers, but a lot of that web content makes them fairly compelling, since it’s not available for Android TV (Nvidia Shield). Any pointers or tutorials on device profiles would be great, also any information on if there is some means to query a device for its capabilities would be huge.