Thread: Standalone player that plays well with Mezzmo?

Default Standalone player that plays well with Mezzmo?

Hi.

My situation: I have all of my videos (mostly anime) on my PC. I use another PC hooked up to my receiver/TV from which I play said videos. I used to just share the folder on my PC in which the videos reside and then use Kodi on the PC attached to the TV to use that share. That sort of worked, but it wasn't great.

I'm wondering what standalone video players work well with Mezzmo. I understand that any player that supports dlna/upnp will work (I think), but I'd like to use something that can display the cover art and all of the video info that Mezzmo provides.

I also understand that Kodi can do this, but if I wanted to use Kodi I would have just stayed with it.

Any recommendations?

Or is this not even possible?
    ::: Xylem Flow
    ::: It's better to have loved and lost than to never have had a good pair of speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Xylem Flow View Post
    Hi.

My situation: I have all of my videos (mostly anime) on my PC. I use another PC hooked up to my receiver/TV from which I play said videos. I used to just share the folder on my PC in which the videos reside and then use Kodi on the PC attached to the TV to use that share. That sort of worked, but it wasn't great.

I'm wondering what standalone video players work well with Mezzmo. I understand that any player that supports dlna/upnp will work (I think), but I'd like to use something that can display the cover art and all of the video info that Mezzmo provides.

I also understand that Kodi can do this, but if I wanted to use Kodi I would have just stayed with it.

Any recommendations?

Or is this not even possible?
    I run Mezzmo with Kodi clients running the Mezzmo addon for Kodi. It does everything you want and much more with uPNP streaming to the clients. It is far more powerful and easier than trying to use Kodi to share across Kodi clients, SMB shares, shared databases etc. In this mode Kodi is simply the renderer, which it does very well. The Mezzmo Kodi addon makes it plug-n-play. I run Kodi clients with a Raspberry Pi4, Intel NUC and Vero 4K+ devices. The Raspierry Pi4 and Intel NUC run LIbreElec. I can easily stream up to native UHD quality ~ 60mbs, H.265. You'll get full metadata (maintained by Mezzmo), shared bookmarks, actor searches and full integration between Mezzmo and Kodi. Here's a thread that shows the active development of the addon with various feature enhancements.

Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 05-30-2021 at 02:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jbinkley60 View Post
    I run Mezzmo with Kodi clients running the Mezzmo addon for Kodi. It does everything you want and much more with uPNP streaming to the clients. It is far more powerful and easier than trying to use Kodi to share across Kodi clients, SMB shares, shared databases etc. In this mode Kodi is simply the renderer, which it does very well. The Mezzmo Kodi addon makes it plug-n-play. I run Kodi clients with a Raspberry Pi4, Intel NUC and Vero 4K+ devices. The Raspierry Pi4 and Intel NUC run LIbreElec. I can easily stream up to native UHD quality ~ 60mbs, H.265. You'll get full metadata (maintained by Mezzmo), shared bookmarks, actor searches and full integration between Mezzmo and Kodi. Here's a thread that shows the active development of the addon with various feature enhancements.

Jeff
    I agree. If I wasn't looking for an All-In-One solution (FireTV Stick in this case) I would be running Kodi on a RaspPi or Chromebox with the Mezzmo add-on.