Thread: How do I set up Mezzmo with Kodi?

Default How do I set up Mezzmo with Kodi?

Hi everybody

I'm new to Mezzmo, I'm seeking step by step assistance in order to get Mezzmo to work with Kodi because I honestly have no idea how to get it to work. What I need to download and install? What settings do I need to change? etc

What I'm looking for is my video streaming add-ons on Kodi to synchronize with each other so that I can start watching something on one device, and resume playback at the same time code on another device. I use a Windows 10 Desktop, an Android Smartphone and a Android Tablet. I would like for Kodi via the help of Mezzmo to keep keep everything synchronized across all 3 devices.

Can somebody please give me a step by step guide in order to get this to work? I would very much appreciate it.

Welcome and I will try to help. I'd start with this page which has the download option and a lot of other information to help get you started . For the Kodi addon there is a separate thread in this forum where the latest information gets posted. I'd start with this link, which has links to the latest production code for the Kodi addon.

The overall process is pretty simple:

1. Install the Mezzmo software on your system.
    2. Add some content to your Mezzmo library (i.e. point Mezzmo to folders which have the video, music or picture files you wish to share)
    3. Install the Kodi addon on your clients (it is automatic from there)

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by jbinkley60 View Post
    Welcome and I will try to help. I'd start with this page which has the download option and a lot of other information to help get you started . For the Kodi addon there is a separate thread in this forum where the latest information gets posted. I'd start with this link, which has links to the latest production code for the Kodi addon.

The overall process is pretty simple:

1. Install the Mezzmo software on your system.
    2. Add some content to your Mezzmo library (i.e. point Mezzmo to folders which have the video, music or picture files you wish to share)
    3. Install the Kodi addon on your clients (it is automatic from there)

Jeff
    That 2nd point is what really confuses me. Where would the actual video data from the Kodi add-ons from Kodi itself be stored on my PC? In other words how would I know what folders to point/share Mezzmo with so Mezzmo can read the Kodi add-on video data?

Quote Originally Posted by skyguy29 View Post
    That 2nd point is what really confuses me. Where would the actual video data from the Kodi add-ons from Kodi itself be stored on my PC? In other words how would I know what folders to point/share Mezzmo with so Mezzmo can read the Kodi add-on video data?
    When you go into the Mezzmo GUI there is a button called Add to Library where you can add content. There are a number of options, depending upon how you want to organize your library. I'd suggest starting with Add Folder. The beauty of Mezzmo is that if you make a mistake, you can easily delete it from your library. If your video files aren't local to your PC (i.e. on a NAS) then Mezzmo just needs to have permissions to read / scan the NAS share.

There are also some very powerful capabilities like creating various types of playlists (blank playlists for logical organization, smart playlists, active playlists and more). These will be very helpful and will allow you to realize the full power of Mezzmo.

I'd suggest starting here with the Mezzmo Wiki and then click on the User Guide. It walks you through adding content. Once the content is added the Mezzmo Kodi addon will automatically see it. With regards to your question, Mezzmo doesn't read your Kodi data, it scans your videos, scrapes its own metadata and builds a library on Mezzmo. The Kodi clients read from Mezzmo, not the other way around. I find the Mezzmo metadata scraper much better than the Kodi scrapers and I don't experience many of the issues I see folks struggling with in the Kodi forums.

Keep it simple to start with and then build upon your library. There's also a backup utility I would suggest you use once you get your library closer to where you want it. There's also a database default option which will allow you to start over if you end up in a place you really don't like and need to start over.

Let me know how I can help.

Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 02-28-2022 at 12:26 AM.