Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 52

Thread: How do I force the Mezzmo Kodi-plugin to build itself into the Kodi DB?

  1. #1

    Default How do I force the Mezzmo Kodi-plugin to build itself into the Kodi DB?

    I understood that I can trigger Mezzmo to build itself partly into the Kodi library / DB.
    But as I said, it only does that partly, because somehow the actor information is not included.

    I mean do I really have to open the Info of hundreds of files, each open only to trigger Mezzmo to register the actor information?

    There needs to be some kind of "import" feature.
    This is all I would need to know

    Thank you.
    Last edited by Undertaker555; 04-26-2022 at 01:22 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker555 View Post
    I understood that I can trigger Mezzmo to build itself partly into the Kodi library / DB.
    But as I said, it only does that partly, because somehow the actor information is not included.

    I mean do I really have to open the Info of hundreds of files, each open only to trigger Mezzmo to register the actor information?

    There needs to be some kind of "import" feature.
    This is all I would need to know

    Thank you.
    How are you browsing your Mezzmo library, through the Mezzmo Kodi addon (i.e. Vodeos-->Addons-->Mezzmo) or trying to use the native Kodi interface ? It the later it really isn't designed to work that way but it will as part of the Kodi database population. I highly highly recommend browsing via the addon and you'll see everything, including actor information. There's an autostart option to launch the addon to your preferred playlist upon Kodi start.

    To get more detailed, upon an initial load of the Mezzmo addon or clearing of the Mezzmo data in the Kodi database, it will take up to 6 hours to sync in the background. This is by design for large libraries on low powered clients. However, by using the Mezzmo addon to browse your library you get the information in real time and the addon will update the Kodi DB real time as you browse so you'll always see the current information from the Mezzmo server. The background sync process will keep track of whether it is in sync with Mezzmo or not. Once it detects full sync it stops doing real time updates in the database as you browse since it isn't needed and the hourly sync process catches anything new. Each day the addon does a full resync between midnight and 6AM. You'll see that in the sync log viewer in the addon.


    Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 04-26-2022 at 02:42 AM.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jbinkley60 View Post
    How are you browsing your Mezzmo library, through the Mezzmo Kodi addon (i.e. Vodeos-->Addons-->Mezzmo) or trying to use the native Kodi interface ?
    Trough the native Kodi interface, because I like to be greeted by the tiles of unwatched media. It is inspiring and helping to decide what to watch.
    All with that is fine, but to make actor information visible, I would have to select Information on each of those media files in Addons > Mezzmo..



    To get more detailed, upon an initial load of the Mezzmo addon or clearing of the Mezzmo data in the Kodi database, it will take up to 6 hours to sync in the background. This is by design for large libraries on low powered clients. However, by using the Mezzmo addon to browse your library you get the information in real time and the addon will update the Kodi DB real time as you browse so you'll always see the current information from the Mezzmo server.
    So wait.. basically you are saying that I just need to wait 6 hours, and all the info (including the missing actor info) will just come by itself?
    And when I open the Information of each media files in Addons > Mezzmo it will just make it instantly, what would take 6 hours normally?

    So the missing info (in native Kodi interface) will be fixed by itself, if I am patient?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker555 View Post
    Trough the native Kodi interface, because I like to be greeted by the tiles of unwatched media. It is inspiring and helping to decide what to watch.
    All with that is fine, but to make actor information visible, I would have to select Information on each of those media files in Addons > Mezzmo..





    So wait.. basically you are saying that I just need to wait 6 hours, and all the info (including the missing actor info) will just come by itself?
    And when I open the Information of each media files in Addons > Mezzmo it will just make it instantly, what would take 6 hours normally?

    So the missing info (in native Kodi interface) will be fixed by itself, if I am patient?
    By not using the Video->Addons->Mezzmo interface you are missing a lot of key extra features of the addon including real time browsing of your library (i.e. no waiting). You can use Smart playlists to create all kinds of stuff including recently added stuff which hasn't been watched. I have one of those playlists in Mezzmo. The Smart playlists are only limited by your imagination. The other advantage of the Mezzmo addon view is that it matches your Mezzmo library view. The native Kodi interface won't see any of the Mezzmo playlists and such because they live in Mezzmo and not the Kodi database.

    Yes, if you wait long enough it will sync and you'll see everything in the native Kodi interface. I personally turn all that stuff off in the Kodi interface settings and use the autostart capability to immediately launch the addon to my Video playlist.


    Jeff

  5. #5

    Default

    I get your point, that the Mezzmo interface is better in some ways, but I don't have much of a choice.
    You remember from the Kodi forum, that I need to create 2 profiles, to have basically 2 libraries. One for the small HDD and one for the big HDD.

    I don't see an option without the Kodi profiles, except maybe the Mezzmo interface with Smart playlists, in which I would only add the media for the small HDD, and another one for the complete media on the big HDD, in case I like to connect this one.
    I need to research a bit about these Smart playlists.

    But good to know that I still could use the Kodi interface by just waiting a few hours.

    Thank you once again!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker555 View Post
    I get your point, that the Mezzmo interface is better in some ways, but I don't have much of a choice.
    You remember from the Kodi forum, that I need to create 2 profiles, to have basically 2 libraries. One for the small HDD and one for the big HDD.

    I don't see an option without the Kodi profiles, except maybe the Mezzmo interface with Smart playlists, in which I would only add the media for the small HDD, and another one for the complete media on the big HDD, in case I like to connect this one.
    I need to research a bit about these Smart playlists.

    But good to know that I still could use the Kodi interface by just waiting a few hours.

    Thank you once again!
    OK. Smart playlists will force you to use the Mezzmo addon view since they aren't seen by Kodi. I have been thinking of a more simple option. On the Kodi system that you travel with the small drive, maybe clear the Mezzmo data and disable sync on it but keep your Kodi version of the database which points to the local files. The when you are home using the Mezzmo interface you will see the small drive when it is plugged in (because Mezzmo will detect it) but when you unplug it Mezzmo no longer sees it nor the Mezzmo addon. Then when you travel use the native Kodi interface which sees the drive locally.

    This seems like it might work exactly the way you want.


    Jeff

  7. #7

    Default

    I will try waiting the 6 hours first, and if that doesn't solve it, then I will follow your recent post.
    But before I try anything, I first want that thumbnail stuff fixed, because I don't want to put much time and effort in this library, if I possibly still have to delete it and begin from scratch..

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker555 View Post
    I will try waiting the 6 hours first, and if that doesn't solve it, then I will follow your recent post.
    But before I try anything, I first want that thumbnail stuff fixed, because I don't want to put much time and effort in this library, if I possibly still have to delete it and begin from scratch..
    By this library do you mean on the Kodi client vs. Mezzmo ? Instead of guessing to the sync state you can check it easily in either the addon context menu Logs & Stats or tail the Kodi.log file. You'll se something like this every hour:

    2022-04-25 16:55:01.510 T:47848 NOTICE: Mezzmo sync beginning.
    2022-04-25 16:55:04.283 T:47848 NOTICE: Mezzmo total Kodi DB record count: 16368
    2022-04-25 16:55:04.310 T:47848 NOTICE: Mezzmo total Mezzmo record count: 16652
    2022-04-25 16:55:04.331 T:47848 NOTICE: Mezzmo total Live Channels count: 0
    2022-04-25 16:55:04.359 T:47848 NOTICE: Mezzmo total nosync videos count: 285
    2022-04-25 16:55:04.405 T:47848 NOTICE: Mezzmo sync process in sync at 100.0%. Real time updates disabled.
    2022-04-25 16:55:04.430 T:47848 NOTICE: Mezzmo autosync is enabled.
    2022-04-25 16:55:04.453 T:47848 NOTICE: Mezzmo sync completed. 400 videos in 0m 2s checked.
    2022-04-25 16:55:04.485 T:47848 NOTICE: Mezzmo sync setting is: Newest
    2022-04-25 16:55:04.516 T:47848 NOTICE: Mezzmo performance logging is enabled.

    If you cut/paste what you see here I can tell you what is going on with the sync process.

    Jeff

  9. #9

    Default

    Yes, will check it. First I need to add this huge HDD to the Mezzmo server.
    That will take damn long I think..

    I have a question:

    In the Kodi forum you said "My recommendation for metadata and artwork is to let Mezzmo scrape the metada and let it use your local artwork."
    How exactly do you mean that? Do you mean I should scan them to my library by using the exported Kodi files (artwork + .nfo), and then after that let the scraper overwrite only the metadata in "Maintain Library"?

    I am guessing you mean:
    1. Add my media to Library
    2. Let it scrape everything, by using the exported Kodi library (exported as single files jpg and nfo, placed in the same folder as the video files)
    3. Go to Maintain Library and select there "Update information about media files in your Mezzmo library" > unckeck there everything except "Video files" and "Update media properties and metadata".

    And what would I have to choose in the setting "Choose to update all attributes or only empty attributes"?
    I am guessing it should be set to "Update all attributes", because the Kodi .nfo already added many things.


    Also you said: "Mezzmo also has a lock feature where once you get the metadata / artwork how you want to you can lock it so that it won't be changed. This is a cool feature. It's at the top of the metadata editor there is a lock symbol for locked or unlocked."

    But is there a bulk-locking?
    Because I really can't do this with hundreds of files, each one by one..

  10. #10

    Default

    Just began scanning everything, then I saw that hundreds of completely unrelated files are downloading to my "backdrop" folder in appdata.

    These files are thumbnails of media that is definitely not on my HDD.
    Thse files begin with "cva_srch-ACTORNAME.jpg", each with the name of actors who I indeed have media from.
    But why is it downloading these completely unrelated information?

    And how can I disable it?

Similar Threads

  1. Very low quality of Thumbnails on Mezzmo Kodi-plugin on Android TV Box
    By Undertaker555 in forum Mezzmo Questions and Support
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-26-2022, 02:30 PM
  2. Mezzmo plugin for Kodi/XBMC
    By smitbret in forum Mezzmo Wish List and Feedback
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-21-2020, 09:23 AM
  3. Kodi Plugin
    By hsbrown2 in forum Mezzmo Questions and Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-14-2017, 04:19 PM
  4. Kodi Plugin
    By jakezesh in forum Mezzmo Questions and Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-04-2016, 11:12 PM
  5. Mezzmo & Kodi - Plugin not seeing server but Kodi does
    By Roofus in forum Mezzmo Questions and Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-05-2016, 08:43 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •