Thread: How do I force the Mezzmo Kodi-plugin to build itself into the Kodi DB?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker555 View Post
    Yes, will check it. First I need to add this huge HDD to the Mezzmo server.
    That will take damn long I think..

I have a question:

In the Kodi forum you said "My recommendation for metadata and artwork is to let Mezzmo scrape the metada and let it use your local artwork."
    How exactly do you mean that? Do you mean I should scan them to my library by using the exported Kodi files (artwork + .nfo), and then after that let the scraper overwrite only the metadata in "Maintain Library"?

I am guessing you mean:
    1. Add my media to Library
    2. Let it scrape everything, by using the exported Kodi library (exported as single files jpg and nfo, placed in the same folder as the video files)
    3. Go to Maintain Library and select there "Update information about media files in your Mezzmo library" > unckeck there everything except "Video files" and "Update media properties and metadata".

And what would I have to choose in the setting "Choose to update all attributes or only empty attributes"?
    I am guessing it should be set to "Update all attributes", because the Kodi .nfo already added many things.

Also you said: "Mezzmo also has a lock feature where once you get the metadata / artwork how you want to you can lock it so that it won't be changed. This is a cool feature. It's at the top of the metadata editor there is a lock symbol for locked or unlocked."

But is there a bulk-locking?
    Because I really can't do this with hundreds of files, each one by one..

Yes to your question on what I was referring to with scraping artwork except you need to check video files and update artwork. Also in the metadata retrieval settings settings uncheck Get Text and Metadata from Internet sites.

For bulk locking / unlocking you can do a multi-select in the Mezzmo GUI. Click on one video, hold the shift key down and then select the last video you want. That will highlight all of them and allow bulk updating. This again where Smart Playlists can help where you create one for a bunch of files you want to edit and then use multi-selecting to edit them. You an also do it in your folders, depending upon how many you created. Lastly, you can also use an SQLite database tool but for most the multi-select is fine.

BTW, you are going about this the exact right way. Play with a playlist or set of files till you are comfortable in how you want to set it up and then do the rest.

Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 04-26-2022 at 01:49 PM.