Thread: Force rescan of file/folder

Default Force rescan of file/folder

Ive notice occasionally Mezzmo picks up a file as its being copied into a folder. When this happens it deems the file invalid.
    (Says "Invalid file found please check the log for details - on a side note, it be nice if I could double click this and be taken to the log !)

Once its gotten into this state I cant convince it otherwise - because it thinks it invalid I can get props or anything.
    If I right click and say "PLAY" it opens VLC and it plays fine.
    If I rename the file (or its folder) Mezzmo sees this as a different file and all is well. However, if I rename the folder back it flags as invalid again (presumably mezzmo is doing some caching ?)
    I've tried doing a maintain folder but to no avail.

Quote Originally Posted by HomerRamone View Post
    Ive notice occasionally Mezzmo picks up a file as its being copied into a folder. When this happens it deems the file invalid.
    (Says "Invalid file found please check the log for details - on a side note, it be nice if I could double click this and be taken to the log !)

Once its gotten into this state I cant convince it otherwise - because it thinks it invalid I can get props or anything.
    If I right click and say "PLAY" it opens VLC and it plays fine.
    If I rename the file (or its folder) Mezzmo sees this as a different file and all is well. However, if I rename the folder back it flags as invalid again (presumably mezzmo is doing some caching ?)
    I've tried doing a maintain folder but to no avail.
    The problem is that Mezzmo had a problem originally determining the audio or video codec information and thus the file entry in the Mezzmo database is incomplete. I've never been able to determine the exact cause of this but I believe Meszzmo it trying to read this information from the file while it is still being copied, hence the potential cause. I added a check for this in the Mezzmo Kodi addon which tells when the audio / video codec information is incomplete. If you browse a fodler or playlist where one exists it will popup a notification dialog box.

As you've noted, you can't generally fix this by running maintenance against the folder. What I do is create a scratch Smart Playlist where I match on either the title or the filepath where the bad file is or its name. It will show up in the playlist (generally as the first item in the list) but you won't be able to do anything with it. Then run maintenance against the scratch playlist.

That always fixes it for me. This occurs very rarely for me but does occur.

Jeff

Yeah, that worked. Thanks