Thread: Conceiva Mezzmo reports the wrong properties for downloaded UHD DolbyVisiion MP4's

Default Conceiva Mezzmo reports the wrong properties for downloaded UHD DolbyVisiion MP4's

So videos I download using AnyStream play fine with Mezzmo, but I noticed that the Mezzmo video properties are not reported correctly for UHD videos with DolbyVision.

Examples attached for Fantastic Beasts the Secrets of Dumbledore.

Screen shots showing what Mezzmo reports for video properties, and MediaInfo Output for the same video.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

I am pretty sure this is due to the version of FFmpeg that Mezzmo is using doesn't support Dolby Vision. I have the non-Dolby Vision of the same movie in 4K and it reports fine. Peter and I had a discussion awhile back about moving to a newer version of FFmpeg to also pickup AC4 audio codecs. He indicated that Mezzmo has some specific extensions in use for burning subtitles into transcoded files that need to be compiled into a Mezzmo specific version of FFmpeg. If you don't use that feature then I think you can do a manual FFmpeg upgrade. Peter will need to weigh in here.

Jeff

Good info thanks! Would be nice to get the Mezzmo specific FFMPEG updated though... not sure its a priority but a nice to have.

It becomes an issue if you want to transcode one of the files which is misidentified by the older version of FFmpeg. If there is no transcoding then it becomes a minor annoyance.

Jeff