Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
Update
I need to expand on this a little.

My TV is an LGOLED and has capability of ethernet connection. I went through the trouble of outfitting 4 rooms with ethernet connection, one being my living room with TV to take advantage of that. My computer upstairs that runs Mezzmo service is on ethernet connection to the router.
To expand on that slightly, my router is connected to an ethernet HUB and the ethernet cables from the rooms are connected on the hub. so it runs
Upstairs computer ethernet< hub< ASUS router < modem
The TV runs ethernet < hub < ASUS router< modem

I will say that all was working fine as far as connectivity to internet on those devices WITHOUT really ever checking Mezzmo since we had not used in awhile. So I can not attest to the fact of whether this was all due to that new set up but sounds like it.

One more wrinkle...
LG has a bug in their network cards on this particular model tv I have. For some it has worked, others no. Could contact company to switch out card, but after review of forums, sounds like it still has trouble and 50/50 if it works at all.
So I had decided not to use the ethernet connection on TV and connect to wireless via 5G back to router.
So I must confess that has been the setup here and probably also contributing.

Now, to continue with your suggestions..

In order of actions taken, I did pause Kaspersky and attempted to "Refresh" the device list but no change. Closed/ re-opened Mezzmo and did not see list refresh with new IP addresses.

Then,

Followed Jeff's list.

1. deleted all entries in media devices. Tried to refresh then and nothing populated. Made sure box was ticked to allow new devices to connect.
2. w/ firewall down, tried also to refresh and nothing populated.
3. Pinged devices and all were pinging EXCEPT LG TV. Rec'd 0 packets back. (Questioned if due to TV being on wireless while the computer I'm pinging it from is connected ethernet ALTHOUGH I was able to ping my iphone which was on the network via wireless while at the same time the computer was on ethernet) So..I stopped the ethernet connection from computer to router AND connected instead via wireless 5G. then continued on to #4 below.
4. Rebooted all devices while firewall down and nothing populates. Closed out and re-opened Mezzmo and nothing populated.
5. Attempted to stop/start Mezzmo server service and VOILA, works. Started populating again. BUT then I wondered if I connected the server computer back to the router using ethernet, would it work. And it did not. I lost all connectivity again to not only TV but other devices that had repopulated in the list.

So that leads me to wonder now if the problem distinctly is the connection of the server computer to the router via ethernet .

below is my ipconfig on the server computer with ethernet connection to the router.

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : DESKTOP-P2F44F2
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Unknown adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Kaspersky VPN
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . :
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : D4-3D-7E-49-05-01
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::5100:14c1:7c6d:e9ae%13(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.19(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, November 27, 2022 6:13:10 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, December 4, 2022 7:05:01 AM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 114572670
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-29-D0-14-8F-D4-3D-7E-49-05-01
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 1:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 16-6D-57-B7-E4-C4

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 2:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 26-6D-57-B7-E4-C4

Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222 Wireless Network Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 44-6D-57-B7-E4-C4

my ip on LG connected via 5 G is 192.168.1.179
Can you do an ipconfig /all when your Mezzmo server is running on wireless ? I'd like to see a comparison between wired and wireless. While you have your Mezzmo server on wireless try pinging your LG TV and see if it responds. Also when you are connected via Ethernet did you ensure that Mezzmo is broadcasting on the Ethernet IP address ? This is under Media Server --> Media Server Settings. Also is it running as a Windows service or a console application ? This setting is in the same place. Lastly, you might want to check for any UPnP settings on your ASUS router. If enabled they will sometimes interfere when trying to do UPnP across the router from Ethernet to wireless.

Thanks,

Jeff