Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
Went back and changed the broadcast interval 180. I had read that somewhere and tried setting it earlier but no luck on the connection. I am leaving it though.

Yesterday I did establish that if the Mezzmo server is connected to wireless and the TV is set to wireless, they see each other. I just did not want to leave the computer the server is on set to wireless AND wired since I was afraid I would not benefit from the speed aspect while on internet.
Then I read your next comment about whether there was a setting in the ASUS router about whether there was a setting to allow the ethernet network to share with wireless devices. I looked on Asus's website and there was a setting under the professional tab for wireless connections that if you set it to "no", it would allow this. Mine was set to "yes", so I switched it.
Below is that pic of the setting in ASUS where it is.

AP.jpg

After the switch, I was able to connect the TV and my iphone I was using as a second device to troubleshoot, back to mezzmo. That must have been the problem all along.

I am going to observe for a bit and see if any problems but so far all is working. I'll contact back if any issues...knock on wood.

I want to thank you for your help.
I have been using Mezzmo since 2015 and I must say this since I have read people say some negative things and wanting to use a different product at times. I think it may be the ability to stick it out with troubleshooting that gets those folks. My experience with your product has not always been smooth but I usually have found a workaround or fix and it is because of your customer service. Its for that reason I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.

Thanks for your help.

I am glad you are working again and happy I could help. The tip was that you couldn't ping your TV from your Mezzmo server when one was on Ethernet and the other on wireless. If ping doesn't work then it is unlikely the SSDP broadcasts would get through either. Yes, this is likely the problem all along. I would suggest keeping the broadcast timer set lower than 18000. I keep mine at 180. Peter may have a different opinion.

I appreciate the feedback but I don't work for Mezzmo. I am just a volunteer who just wants to see the product succeed and folks to get the most out of it. I also have 30 years of IP networking experience, which helps with these types of issues. I agree that Mezzmo's customer service is excellent, as is the product. Because I help develop the Mezzmo Kodi addon I spend a lot of time in the Kodi forums. It pains me to see what some folks go through to keep their Kodi native systems running. If I had the issues that some of them do, I'd likely give up. It's sometimes painful to watch. I've convinced a few that there is a better solution called Mezzmo

Thanks,

Jeff