Thread: Unwanted / wrong artwork updates

Question Unwanted / wrong artwork updates

I may be missing something in settings somewhere, but here's my situation...

I have an ongoing series that I manually add episodes to Mezzmo with. Season 1 ends, the artwork looks great, metadata and all.

Season 2 starts, I add the first episode.

The overall series folder and season 1 folder (any amount of seasons) often update their artwork automatically and it usually grabs artwork for the "Specials". So it is somewhat random cover art instead of the appropriate season. The metadata, episode names, etc. are fine, but the cover art changes and I have to manually fix it with each new episode added.

How can I stop this from happening and keep the series folder and season folders (along with their episodes) intact?

Quote Originally Posted by nowa View Post
    I may be missing something in settings somewhere, but here's my situation...

I have an ongoing series that I manually add episodes to Mezzmo with. Season 1 ends, the artwork looks great, metadata and all.

Season 2 starts, I add the first episode.

The overall series folder and season 1 folder (any amount of seasons) often update their artwork automatically and it usually grabs artwork for the "Specials". So it is somewhat random cover art instead of the appropriate season. The metadata, episode names, etc. are fine, but the cover art changes and I have to manually fix it with each new episode added.

How can I stop this from happening and keep the series folder and season folders (along with their episodes) intact?
    The way I do it is to add the following files to each season and the overall series folders:

folder.jpg
    poster.jpg
    fanart.jpg

Typically when I add my first episode and I have the artwork right, I then do an export metadata which outputs the files I need (I typically copy the poster file to the folder file so they are the same) I rename them to above and I am good to go. If the folder image doesn't change do a Properties->Change Poster->Delete Picture delete image on it and it will come back with the folder.jpg image. After this they should not change.

Jeff