Thread: Bug report and Wish List

Default Bug report and Wish List

Roku device:
    1) Folder of music videos does not set Random selector button easily. Does not stay highlighted to indicate it is on and doesn't turn on with one click. Need to click it several times.
    2) Same menu with Random selector, button above it to replay does not stay on. Assume it means keep going on all videos.
    3) Same menu - what does PIN setting do? Can't set it and thought it was for setting random but does not seem to do anything.

Mezzmo App v6.0.6.0 on Windows 11:
    1) Music mp3 files read cover art, but music videos and movie videos are not read MOST of the time. I use same app to set them with cover image and data but only mp3s are read well. Same app does mp3 and mp4. I use mp3tag v3.17 (free from www.mp3tag.de) which works on iTunes, Explorer and other apps except Mezzmo.
    2) Editing cover info and "Locking" with the lock at top right of description info does NOT keep the information locked. Anytime Mezzmo updates it erases data and defaults to wrong info sometimes. Like Jazz Singer defaults to Al Jolson movie instead of Neil Diamond movie. Same with songs.
    3) No way to tell what FILE the description information is pointing to. Sometime when information is wrong, I can't tell which file it's pointing to so not sure what to change it to. For example - 3 movies of Back to the Future named 1, 2, 3 and Mezzmo gives them all the same description and cover art. I try to see what file each is pointing to so I can be sure to fix the right one but no way to see what they point to. And lock does not work so I have to keep fixing this information!
    4) I paid for Web Access mostly thinking this would allow me to see the movies and music on my iPad or iPhone but web access does not display the movies. Not sure what Web Access is really doing? What is it's purpose if not to play over web?
    5) It would be NICE if playing a Music Video we can have the option to display the filename as an overlay for a few seconds in the bottom left corner (or centered or right side) so it can tell us what video is playing (like MTV type description of artist and song name).
    6) Adding Music Videos is not an option, just Movie or Music, but Music Videos are combination of both since act like music (want to keep playing in order or random like music) but display like movies. So need third category so can treat them differently and not display them under Video (for last played video or under list of videos since really music).

This is Manny again, I could not use the account above so created a new one. The Roku issues are still a problem, but I found some solutions for the Mezzmo problems.

1) Reading the notes more I could use the settings under Mezzmo Tools->Options->Retrieving Metadata->Metadata Retrieval Settings... I would suggest though that instead of just check boxes you have a preference order. For example, check that you get artwork from external files first, but if they don't exist then get data from .nfo, then get data from internet web sites. That way if #3 doesn't work, then #2 might and if that doesn't work then #1 might.
    2) Is still a problem.
    3) Not a problem - found the file information all the way at the very long properties information dialog.
    4) Not a problem - I found the web version has the properties in the upper right corner that lets you pick different ways to display video files and the last option worked from iPad/iPhone so I'm happy now.
    5) Found a work around for this one. I created .srt files for my music videos so the first 20 secs displays the file name which has the artist and title of the song in question. So that works, but it would be nicer if I didn't have to external files to do that. If you create an option for music videos to display info at the beginning of each run would be nice.
    6) https://nfo-maker.com/ has music video options but Mezzmo doesn't have that choice for video types - just Movie, DVD, or TV Show in the "Category" type of the properties. Music Videos would be good so they don't mix in with Movie files or Music files but have their own category.

Thanks,
    Manny

Quote Originally Posted by netmpowers View Post
    This is Manny again, I could not use the account above so created a new one. The Roku issues are still a problem, but I found some solutions for the Mezzmo problems.

1) Reading the notes more I could use the settings under Mezzmo Tools->Options->Retrieving Metadata->Metadata Retrieval Settings... I would suggest though that instead of just check boxes you have a preference order. For example, check that you get artwork from external files first, but if they don't exist then get data from .nfo, then get data from internet web sites. That way if #3 doesn't work, then #2 might and if that doesn't work then #1 might.
    2) Is still a problem.
    3) Not a problem - found the file information all the way at the very long properties information dialog.
    4) Not a problem - I found the web version has the properties in the upper right corner that lets you pick different ways to display video files and the last option worked from iPad/iPhone so I'm happy now.
    5) Found a work around for this one. I created .srt files for my music videos so the first 20 secs displays the file name which has the artist and title of the song in question. So that works, but it would be nicer if I didn't have to external files to do that. If you create an option for music videos to display info at the beginning of each run would be nice.
    6) https://nfo-maker.com/ has music video options but Mezzmo doesn't have that choice for video types - just Movie, DVD, or TV Show in the "Category" type of the properties. Music Videos would be good so they don't mix in with Movie files or Music files but have their own category.

Thanks,
    Manny
    The PIN setting is to override parental controls on a client. If you aren't using parental controls then ignore it.

For #2, can you be a little more specific on what you are doing that is causing the metadata to be overwritten ? I originally requested the lock feature and it is supposed to keep metadata from being overwritten when you perform a Mezzmo library maintenance function. If you go into properties and do a Get Online Video Metadata data then it will overwrite the metadata. I haven't tested the lock feature in awhile but would be happy to try and reproduce what you are seeing.

For #6 you can add any category you'd like, just type it in. You are not limited to the predefined categories. However, depending upon what you are using them for will determine their value. For instance certain clients only recognize specific categories (i.e. Kodi). But if you want them for Mezzmo itself (i.e. smart or active playlists etc..) then type away. I've created my own like: Vacation Videos, Train Watching, nosync, Radio station etc... Custom categories are very handy for smart playlists. I use them often to define specific behaviors.

Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 09-10-2022 at 06:54 PM.

More info on #2. I updated the properties of the my movie or music video file then locked it. Later, after maintenance, I came back and found the updates I made no longer there and the default movie information there instead. Expected it not to chance since I locked it. I have since turned off automatic updates which stopped it, but I don' think it was because of the lock - just because of auto update being off.

For #6 - what I mean is the category of the nfo file. The main types are movie or music but https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/Templates describes music videos yet all videos are saved as movie types. I tried creating a MusicVideo type but that did not change the nfo format.

For Roku Device #1 - I figured out that the random ONLY works if you are in the format with the videos listed at the bottom row. If you are in the format where the videos are listed as icons on multiple rows the random feature does not work at all. I wouldn't think the random feature would be tied to the mode of how the videos are listed on screen.
    Roku #2 - I figured out that the random button information does not stay per session. So every session I use Mezzmo I need to 'turn on' random again. The button does not stay highlighted after selecting it on, so hard to remember if i did it or not. I would be nice to have the button stay highlighted to show it is enabled. Same for the repeat playback mode.

Quote Originally Posted by netmpowers View Post
    More info on #2. I updated the properties of the my movie or music video file then locked it. Later, after maintenance, I came back and found the updates I made no longer there and the default movie information there instead. Expected it not to chance since I locked it. I have since turned off automatic updates which stopped it, but I don' think it was because of the lock - just because of auto update being off.

For #6 - what I mean is the category of the nfo file. The main types are movie or music but https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/Templates describes music videos yet all videos are saved as movie types. I tried creating a MusicVideo type but that did not change the nfo format.
    For #2, I cannot reproduce what you saw. I took a playlist and locked most of the files and left a few unlocked. I then ran maintenance twice once with update and once with overwrite enabled. In both cases only the unlocked files were updated. The locked files were skipped.

For #6, where are you not seeing the file as MusicVideo, in Kodi in native mode (i.e. by NFO file do you mean exporting out of the Kodi database after the Mezzmo sync process to NFO files) ? If so, currently the Kodi Mezzmo Addon doesn't sync music videos to the music video table and it maps them to movies in the Kodi database. This is in the addon FAQ, the 4th question from the bottom. In GUI mode the musicvideo category is fully supported including with the various playlist formats (i.e. normal, smart, active etc..), view settings and similar. As the FAQ indicates, this could be added to native mode if there is interest (which would include folks willing to test the feature and use it). The first thing to check on proper categorization is to look at the properties in the Mezzmo GUI and see if the category is set for musicvideo.

Peter will need to address the Roku questions.

Thanks,

Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 10-06-2022 at 11:43 AM.