Thread: Metadata by TVDB ID Number?

Default Metadata by TVDB ID Number?

I just bought the entire Looney Tunes Golden Collect DVD set and am uploading it to Mezzmo. Unlike other TV series, I can't seem to properly set the filename on this collection so it auto-detects from TVDB. Incrementally searching for the metadata using "Get Online Video Metadata" returns an unordered list that is decades long (takes forever to find an episode). Conversely, it is very easy to find old Looney Tunes episodes on TVDB, so having the ability to search by the TVDB number would be a huge time saver. Can this be done? If so, what is the syntax?
    Last edited by vguitarist; 12-18-2022 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vguitarist View Post
    I just bought the entire Looney Tunes Golden Collect DVD set and am uploading it to Mezzmo. Unlike other TV series, I can't seem to properly set the filename on this collection so it auto-detects from TVDB. Incrementally searching for the metadata using "Get Online Video Metadata" returns an unordered list that is decades long (takes forever to find an episode). Conversely, it is very easy to find old Looney Tunes episodes on TVDB, so having the ability to search by the TVDB number would be a huge time saver. Can this be done? If so, what is the syntax?
    The easiest way is to use a series.xml file if this set is in its own folder.

<series>
    <seriesname>Looney Tunes Golden Collection</seriesname>
    </series>

If you aren't sure of the series name then use the Get Online Video Metadata to get one episode correct and then look in the series field under the properties dialog box. This is how I do all TV series. This worked for me for the Looney Tunes Platinum series. Episode numbering might still be an issue with these sets.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by jbinkley60 View Post
    The easiest way is to use a series.xml file if this set is in its own folder.

<series>
    <seriesname>Looney Tunes Golden Collection</seriesname>
    </series>

If you aren't sure of the series name then use the Get Online Video Metadata to get one episode correct and then look in the series field under the properties dialog box. This is how I do all TV series. This worked for me for the Looney Tunes Platinum series. Episode numbering might still be an issue with these sets.

Jeff
    I imported one episode, then looked up the metadata using "Get Online Video Metadata". From there, I exported the episode metadata and found a .nfo and two .jpg files in the source folder. I then created a series.xml file per above (series is Looney Tunes) and saved it in the same source folder. The next episode I imported (generic filename) landed on the list with the series name as defined in series.xml, but Mezzmo didn't fetch the metadata from TVDB. I ended up with an episode named Looney Tunes:GenericFileName. I then tried the same steps with a third episode, but this time added the episode name to the filename (e.g. Looney Tunes - Episode Name)...that didn't work either. What am I missing?

*Edit: I also named a fourth episode with just the episode name and imported it. The episode properties shows the correct series and episode name, but no other metadata. I did see Mezzmo try to fetch the metadata in the status window, but nothing came back from TVDB.
    Last edited by vguitarist; 12-18-2022 at 12:26 PM.

I imported one episode, then looked up the metadata using "Get Online Video Metadata". From there, I exported the episode metadata and found a .nfo and two .jpg files in the source folder. I then created a series.xml file per above (series is Looney Tunes) and saved it in the same source folder. The next episode I imported (generic filename) landed on the list with the series name as defined in series.xml, but Mezzmo didn't fetch the metadata from TVDB. I ended up with an episode named Looney Tunes:GenericFileName. I then tried the same steps with a third episode, but this time added the episode name to the filename (e.g. Looney Tunes - Episode Name)...that didn't work either. What am I missing?

*Edit: I also named a fourth episode with just the episode name and imported it. The episode properties shows the correct series and episode name, but no other metadata. I did see Mezzmo try to fetch the metadata in the status window, but nothing came back from TVDB.
    You aren't missing anything. I just did some more digging on TVDB and they don't have the various Looney Tunes collections, Golden, Platinum etc.. IMDB does. TVDB just has, as you indicated, a generic Looney Tuns listing. It was a long time ago when I added my Platinum collection to my Mezzmo library so I did some more digging and the movie database (TMDB) has the Looney Tunes collections. So go into "Get Online Video Metadata" and set the episode to movie instead of TV Show and then see if it finds the correct metadata without you having to scroll through a bunch of stuff. If it works you needs to do it for each episode unless Peter has a better idea but it should keep you from scrolling through results. Peter indicated that Mezzmo is moving to all scraping of metadata to TMDB in the near future.

Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 12-18-2022 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jbinkley60 View Post
    You aren't missing anything. I just did some more digging on TVDB and they don't have the various Looney Tunes collections, Golden, Platinum etc.. IMDB does. TVDB just has, as you indicated, a generic Looney Tuns listing. It was a long time ago when I added my Platinum collection to my Mezzmo library so I did some more digging and the movie database (TMDB) has the Looney Tunes collections. So go into "Get Online Video Metadata" and set the episode to movie instead of TV Show and then see if it finds the correct metadata without you having to scroll through a bunch of stuff. If it works you needs to do it for each episode unless Peter has a better idea but it should keep you from scrolling through results. Peter indicated that Mezzmo is moving to all scraping of metadata to TMDB in the near future.

Jeff
    IMDB works like a charm! Don't care about Season/episode numbers because the collection is a multi-decade compilation. So no XML scripting to force metadata look to IMDB off of the filename?

IMDB works like a charm! Don't care about Season/episode numbers because the collection is a multi-decade compilation. So no XML scripting to force metadata look to IMDB off of the filename?
    Setting it to movie uses TMDB not IMDB but that should work. No XML needed.

Jeff